POSITION: Digital Marketing Specialist
SUPERVISOR: Divisional Director of Communications
The Salvation Army Mission Statement:
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love for God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Digital Marketing Specialist will be responsible for managing the social media and digital fundraising strategy for The Salvation Army’s Golden State Division. This will include executing timely, creative and effective digital marketing content to drive donor acquisition and level of engagement with our websites and social accounts. The goal being to increase online donations, and grow public awareness of The Salvation Army’s Mission, brand and programs.
• Oversee execution and optimization of The Salvation Army’s paid and organic social media marketing campaigns across existing social platforms and site visits to divisional websites.
• Oversee social media presence; ensure consistent messaging and use of social media template designs; monitor and foster conversation in line with brand voice guidelines and national social media policy.
• Maintain and update on a regular basis divisional and corps websites, Facebook pages, LinkedIn page, and other social media platforms.
• Manage and analyze data related to donor acquisition and online giving, identifying key performance indicators and using insights to increase engagement.
• Produce creative, effective visual materials, including video that tell compelling stories about the work of The Salvation Army in the Golden State Division.
• Assist with graphic design activities and messaging for specific marketing projects for the Development Department across print, web and other mediums.
• Participate in professional networking by attending various marketing and social media related networking events.
• Work with outside vendors on online fundraising campaigns, as necessary.
• Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy. Stay up to date on best practices and how other organizations and companies are using them, so that The Salvation Army can continue to be an early adopter of these technologies.
• Execute and monitor online Classy appeals and e-mail blasts as needed by Corps Community Centers in the division and develop tracking reports that enable increased effectiveness.
• Regular reporting of activity to Director of Communication.
• Coordinate all online components with concurrent traditional marketing campaigns.
• Keep all information concerning donors strictly confidential.
• Cooperate and participate in approved training programs.
• Be familiar with the goals, organizational structure and programs throughout the Golden State Division.
• Other duties as assigned
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network