SDYS Job Announcement:
Bilingual Clinician – License-eligible
BridgeWays Program Outpatient Clinic - College Area
Status: Full-time, $46,446/year (plus bilingual differential $1,500) and excellent benefits
Specific Responsibilities: Accountable to Program Manager and Director of Services. Provide mental health services to youth throughout San Diego County through unprecedented patience, creativity and acceptance, as youth develop relational competencies and life skills. Manage participant motivation, removal of barriers, intakes and assessments, creating Client Plan in coordination with the youth, facilitate referrals, and collaborate with community partners.
1. The development, implementation, and evaluation of an integrated treatment approach for at risk youth and quality trauma informed youth programs that adhere to and uphold the rigorous standards of SDYS as mandated by its mission, purpose, guiding principles and standards of quality.
2. Adhere to and uphold the rigorous standards of SDYS as mandated by its mission, purpose, guiding principles and standards of quality. Participate in their refinement.
3. Collaborate and partner with local law enforcement, schools, other service providers, and community stakeholders to provide coordinated care for current service partners.
4. Conduct in-depth assessment for potential mental health and/or substance abuse issues, CSE, domestic/community violence, physical/sexual/emotional abuse, and physical health needs.
5. Provide individual/group/family therapy; co-occurring disorders treatment; crisis intervention, service/discharge planning; and case-management services.
6. Facilitate outpatient treatment groups to on a variety of subjects to youth and their parents. Provide milieu supervision as needed.
7. Consult and care coordination with integrated primary care, mental health and substance abuse treatment.
8. Maintain minimal productivity standards.
9. Participate in planning, attending, and attend agency and county trainings, treatment team meetings and committees.
10. Welcome and support volunteers in the organization and assist them in accomplishing their services whenever applicable.
11. Maintain Uniform Medical Record documentation and reporting and billing logs on all youth.
12. Utilize DBT, TF-CBT, Motivational Interviewing and Seeking Safety.
13. Provide services in-home, at satellite offices and in the community as needed. Position requires travel throughout the County and be willing to be available for on-call rotation.
14. Maintain confidentiality and privacy standards of service-partner protected health information and other applicable information and material in accordance to agency and center policies, and applicable regulations and laws, including HIPAA.
15. Attend required meetings, including, but not limited to supervision, staff meetings, and trainings.
16. Demonstrate ability to work well under pressure, meet multiple and competing deadlines.
17. Cooperate and collaborate with colleagues and supervisors, and positively contribute to the culture of the program and agency.
Perform other Duties as assigned or required.
Qualifications: License-eligible in Marital and Family Therapy, Social Work, or Psychology. Minimum 2 years of relevant experience under the direct supervision of a licensed Clinician with high risk adolescents, preferably with those that have been involved with the juvenile justice system. Bi-lingual required. Experience in crisis intervention, therapeutic group facilitation, documentation, curriculum maintenance/development, and case management and who has provided services with Cerner in a Medi-Cal funded clinic. Must be a team player with ability to work independently. Must possess or be willing to develop working knowledge of trauma-informed care and dual diagnosis treatment; experience working in trauma-informed and dual diagnosis preferred. Familiarity with juvenile justice and social service systems preferred. Must have reliable vehicle, relevant auto insurance, a clean driving record, valid CA driver’s license and willing to drive vehicle for job related tasks (mileage reimbursement). Maintain certification in CPR & First Aid. Employment is subject to required clearances which include tuberculosis test, fingerprinting, background checks, and drug testing. Must be registered with the Board of Behavioral Science and must be in good standing. Must be available for 24 hr on-call rotation and work some evenings and weekends.
Physical Requirements:Must have ability to bend at the waist, kneel or crouch to assist students. Must have ability to hear and speak to exchange information and make presentations. Must have ability to lift and carry 20 pounds--lifting books, materials and equipment to execute lessons and presentations. Seeing to read, prepare and review a variety of activities and to monitor youth activities. Sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Walking extended lengths to move around sites. Potential exposure to physical injury from aggressive behavior.
Must attend trainings and abide by Probation Departments’ CORI/CLETS and PREA; as well as, maintain PCMS documentation requirements. Must be available to work weekends and evenings as assigned by supervisor and/or as needed. Employment subject to clearances (including Probation Department), which include fingerprinting, background checks, TB test, driving record and drug testing. Must have reliable vehicle, relevant auto insurance, a clean driving record, and willing to drive own, properly insured vehicle for job related tasks.
Compensation and Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience and education. Bi-lingual pay available. Eligible for employer paid benefits including medical, dental, vision, & Life Insurance, Generous vacation, sick, and holiday time-off benefits. Flexible Spending Account and 403(b) Retirement Plan available.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
In compliance with the Immigration and Nationality Act as amended,
all new employees must verify their eligibility to work in the United States.
Job Opened: 6/19/2019
To Apply: Submit resume and cover letter to https://sdyouthservices.applytojob.com/apply/jy7qDFUjW2/BridgeWays-Bilingual-Clinician-LicenseEligible?source=NPNetwork
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network