ForKids – Family Case Manager- Norfolk, VA
At ForKids, we’re dreamers who find a way to make the impossible, possible through our hard work and dedication of breaking the cycle of homelessness and poverty for families and children. Now is your chance to join our talented, caring, compassionate and fast growing team that delivers a full-spectrum service model, that simultaneously identifies the compound root causes of each family’s homelessness and improves mental health, education, employment, and personal obstacles with supportive services culminating in self-reliant families and educationally-prepared children.
Overview of position:
Reporting directly to the Program Manager, the Family Case Manager serves as service coordinator for all adult and children’s needs, completing strengths-based assessments, making referrals and monitoring provision of internal and external service delivery necessary to obtain and maintain housing stability.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications, knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a social-services related field.
- Minimum of three years of experience in case management or related field experience is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of family case management, crisis intervention, conflict resolution, basic counseling skills and techniques.
- Knowledge of the various community-based family service program and activities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with parents, children, co-workers and with representatives of other agencies and programs.
- Ability to accurately track and report data and maintain meticulous and up-to-date case files.
- Ability to conduct frequent home visits, as well as transport clients in an agency-owned and/or personal vehicle.
- Valid driver’s license with no more than three minor driving violations and/or accidents combined within the last three years, and no major moving violations in the past five years.
Salary range for this position is $16.35-$18.94 per hour. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Qualified applicants should click here to view full job description, create an account and apply for this position. After you have created an account, you may return at any time to check the status of your application by using the login created. Please attach a cover letter and resume to your application.
Please no phone calls or faxes. Recruitment will continue until position is filled. ForKids is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network