Safe Horizon envisions a society free of family and community violence. We will lead the way by empowering victims of domestic violence, child abuse, sexual assault and human trafficking to move from crisis to confidence.
Safe Horizon's mission is to provide support, prevent violence and promote justice for victims of crime and abuse, their families and communities.
The Program Assistant will be supporting the Crime Victim Assistance Program (CVAP) citywide which includes the Administrative Director and Executive Assistant of the Criminal Justice Programs as well as the Advocates, Managers, and Senior Leadership of CVAP.
Essential Job Functions:
· Performs administrative and clerical office duties including preparing reports; administering gift cards, and metro cards ;
· Prepares all payment requests;
· Keeps track of and orders supplies for the CVAP;
· Collaborates and maintains cooperative relationships with all other Safe Horizon programs, including IS&T, Facilities, Purchasing, and Accounts Payable;
· Assists the Administrative Director in managing the supply needs for CVAP including inventory and ordering;
· Maintains resource materials, completes data entry and runs reports for mailings and/or funders;
· Maintains and updates organizational charts for CVAP;
· Coordinates and sets up general meetings, workshops/trainings and holiday events for CVAP;
· Maintains NYPD paperwork for current CVAP staff as well as candidates in the hiring process for CVAP;
· Coordinates room set ups for meeting, training, office events using the web help desk;
· Distributes mail as needed;
· Serves as a backup for reception duties;
· Preforms various other duties and special projects to be assigned by the Associate Vice President and/or Vice President.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2010 (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point), and Internet use;
· Strong verbal and written communication skills;
· Proactive problem solver with interest in developing effective administrative systems;
· Comfort with learning new skills and technology;
· Detail oriented;
· Ability to work effectively both as part of a team and independently;
· Dedication to supporting employees and to Safe Horizon’s mission of empowering survivors of violence and abuse.
· High School diploma/GED required, Associate’s Degree preferred
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Safe Horizon is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals and endeavors to hire individuals of diverse races, colors, creeds, ethnicities, religions, genders, gender identities or expressions, ages, sexes, sexual orientations, national origins, and disabilities, as well citizen, marital, protected veteran and HIV statuses.
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information:
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network