Apply online at jobs.boystown.org
To explore the day in the life of a Family-Teaching Partner (commonly referred to as Family Teaching Couple), please visit this address: https://jobs.boystown.org/family-teaching-couple
Are you passionate about shaping the future of America’s Youth?
Overview of Boys Town
Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. Join our Town today and help us shape the future of America!
We currently have immediate needs in the following locations:
· Omaha, Nebraska
Overview of Job
· Live on-site in a Boys Town Family Home and provide direct care for 6-8 at-risk youth through creating a safe and loving family-style living environment
· Provide emotional support utilizing praise, positive feedback, affection and empathy to build ones self-confidence and respect
· Use rational problem solving techniques to teach youth critical thinking skills, assist with behavioral problems, counsel through personal issues and provide crisis intervention
· Plan, participate and provide opportunities for individual and family activities that are both educational and entertaining
· Display and teach parenting, family and relationship skills to youth, legal guardians and caretakers to create family engagement
· Maintain contact with both internal and external consumers agencies to obtain or provide information regarding youth’s behaviors, strategies and progress
· Prepare written records for household budgeting, tracking youth progress, reporting incidents/behaviors and document youth medical needs and appointments
· Teach and role model Boys Town values and ethical behaviors, as well as support and encourage participation in regular religious activities
· Supervise the activities of assigned Assistant Family-Teacher to aid in their development and success
· Manage the daily operating schedule of the home; assist with youth transportation needs, and overall household upkeep
· Be at least 21 years of age or older, except if applying for Washington D.C. due to contractual requirements one must be at least 22 years of age or older
· High School diploma or equivalent is required, some college credit is preferred
· Valid driver’s license with good driving record and ability to pass MVR Check
· Must possess a valid marriage certificate.
· Flexibility and willingness to work a wide array of hours, which includes days, evenings, weekends and holidays
· Ability to pass a thorough background check and reference verification procedure in order to determine one’s fitness to satisfactorily and safely care for youth
· Ability to attend a 2-weeks paid training in Omaha, Nebraska
social work, family advocacy, wrap-around services, foster care, case planning, case management, mental health, psychology, sociology, human services, CASA, social services, criminal justice, criminology, education, at-risk youth, group home
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.