Cascade AIDS Project (CAP), the oldest and largest AIDS Service Organization (ASO) in Oregon and Southwest Washington, is committed to supporting and empowering all people living with or affected by HIV, reducing stigma, and providing the LGBTQ+ community with compassionate healthcare. Learn more about us at http://www.cascadeaids.org/.
CAP is seeking motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our Development team as a Marketing & Communications Coordinator. The core area of focus includes communications from Cascade AIDS Project (CAP) to its supporters and partners through various channels, including graphic design support. This job requires a creative person that possess an attention to detail and advanced writing skills who also has experience working with branding guides and standards.
Responsibilities: Coordinating media, messaging, and support for events. This position will create content for and manage all of CAP's Social Media platforms. The Marketing & Communications Coordinator will manage CAP's webpages, including producing marketing content for both.
The person in this position is stationed in the CAP Davis Street office in NW Portland. Evening and weekend work is occasionally required. This is a non-management, union-represented position.
• 3+ years of professional on-the-job experience working in social media, and production of marketing materials
• Basic graphic design and HTML experience
• Ability to write clearly and informatively, and vary writing style to meet specific needs
• Ability to prioritize work projects and meet deadlines with extra attention to detail
• Experience working both independently and as a member of a team
• Experience working under pressure while prioritizing and managing a large number of tasks/projects simultaneously
• Successful experience working with ethnic, racial, sexual and economically diverse populations
• Must be self-directed, detail-oriented, and have excellent organizational skills
• Proficiency on MS office suite
• Available to work occasional evenings and weekends
• Bachelor's Degree in social services, marketing, public relations, non-profit management or related field or equivalent experience
• Experience working in photography and video production
• Experience working in the not-for-profit sector
• Remain calm and composed under pressure
• Identify and analyze needs, and apply resources effectively to meet those needs
• Adapt strategies to changed conditions, and communicate changes effectively
• Adobe Cloud proficiency
Compensation: $43,500 annually, plus employer-paid health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan with generous employer matching contribution, 125C cafeteria savings plan; generous vacation and health leave benefits.
NOTE: This is a union represented position.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
To apply for this position, mail, email, fax, or deliver the following three documents:
1) a complete cover letter (attached as Word or pdf) that serves as an example of your writing and addresses how you meet all of the required qualifications specific to the position you are applying for, 2) your resume, and 3) a completed CAP Employment application
(application available at http://www.cascadeaids.org/about/careers/) to:
Cascade AIDS Project
Marketing & Communications Coordinator
520 NW Davis St., Suite 215
Portland, Oregon 97209
Or by email to:
Cascade AIDS Project is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply