The Outreach Specialist position provides crisis intervention services, information and referral, and assists youth ages 15-24 in eliminating/overcoming potential barriers to services while fostering resiliency and dignity. The purpose of the Outreach Specialist position is to engage and develop appropriate professional, trusting relationships with youth experiencing homelessness in order to transition them off the streets into safe, stable housing and introduce them to employment or educational opportunities. This position participates in street based outreach and drop-in center activities. Approximately 15% of the position will be spent in meetings, coordinating services and completing office tasks the remaining 85% of the time will be split providing outreach services in the community and stationary outreach, working directly with homeless and street dependent youth.
TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter and resume through Paycom:
SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday, 8:30 to 4:30, with some occasional weekend and evening hours. However, this schedule may be adjusted according to the needs of the program.
WAGE/BENEFITS: Beginning wage is $15.00/hour. Janus offers an excellent benefits program including medical, dental, life & long-term disability insurance; EAP; 401(k) and paid time off (varied eligibility waiting periods apply). Voluntary optional coverages are also available.
Applications for all positions may be forwarded to appropriate similar positions within Janus Youth Programs. Positions may vary by location, pay structure, union, and supervisory staff.
QUALIFICATIONS: Any combination of education, experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position is qualifying.
This position description is intended to give the reader a general idea of the overall purpose and the main activities and responsibilities that are intrinsic to this position. While this description is intended to be representative, it is not intended to be limiting.