What you'll do:
Making affordable, quality housing available to low and moderate income persons is at the very heart of your role, and you’ll be a key player in helping us achieve our mission.
You’ll help us by:
• Managing the day-to-day Property Management tasks involved with the units managed by CAPC Property Management, LLC.
• Assisting tenants with requests, questions, problems, and complaints.
• Supporting our Asset Management team by quickly collecting required property and financial information.
• Directing and monitoring maintenance staff responses to requests for service and emergency repairs.
• Helping to establish and enforce best-practice procedures for repair requests, maintenance contracts, lease-ups, move-ins, and move-outs.
• Supervising the marketing of vacant units, including coordinating the showings of vacant units.
• Managing income certification process on income restricted units.
• Ensuring all tenants are compliant with federal, local, and program rules and regulations, including:
o Section 8 vouchers
o Temporary Rental Assistance (TRA) vouchers
o State Rental Assistance Program (SRAP) vouchers
o HOME funds
o NSP Funds, NEP Funds, and other municipal ordinances.
• Assisting with lease preparations.
• Assisting with collection of overdue rent and eviction process as needed.
• Coordinating with CAPC’s Homeownership Manager to identify new tenants and create a potential tenant waitlist.
• Participating in CAPC Team check-ins and preparing weekly reports.
The skills you'll need:
We’re looking for people who are motivated and driven to develop their career. We'd love to talk to you if you possess the following:
• Be dedicated to helping us create thriving communities across New Jersey.
• High school diploma, an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• Have 1-2 years of work experience, preferably in an office environment.
• Must have basic computer skills; experience in Yardi’s Point2 Property Manager platform is a plus.
• Must be willing to work weekends.
• Fluente en Español.
• Must have a vehicle to get around.
If this exciting opportunity appeals to you, please email a thoughtful cover letter and your résumé to email@example.com. Please include “Junior Property Manager – Your Name” in the email’s subject line.