The YMCA of Columbia-Willamette is a mission driven organization, which seeks individuals who are enthusiastic and passionate about our mission and vision. We do this by putting the Christian principles of love, respect, honesty, responsibility and service into practice.
Under the supervision of the Sr. Program Director, the Coordinator at the Amberglen YMCA Child Development Center works closely with the Sr. Program Director teaching staff to develop and maintain a safe, developmentally appropriate program for children and families.
The Child Development Center Coordinator is responsible for many of the general administrative and management functions of the center. The Coordinator provides support to the Sr. Program Director and is responsible for the management of the center when the Sr. Director is not present for short periods of time. This is a ful l-time position with 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday.
* Provide and follow written plans for a well-balanced, age-appropriate curriculum
* Maintain positive relationship with Director
* Supervise lead teachers, teachers and assistants
* Supervise children at all times
* Maintain a high level of interaction with children
* Design and implement a daily schedule, which includes activities to enhance the development of cognitive, social/emotional and physical skills.
* Maintain a positive interaction with parents/guardians of children.
* Complete all record keeping in an accurate and timely manner
* Participate, with classroom staff, in on-going observation, assessment and evaluation of children.
* Provide and use daily communication tools for Coordinator to staff, staff to staff, and parent to staff
* Set staff schedules as needed for ratios and special events
* Set schedules for Paid time off
* Assist with inventory and supply/materials orders
* Train and orient new staff
* Provide back-up bus transportation of children when necessary
* Provide on-going feedback to staff
* Provide annual evaluations for staff
* Perform all other duties assigned by supervisor
* Ability to communicate well with children, staff and parents.
* Ability to work independently as well as create and lead work teams
* Obtain CPR/First Aid certification
* Participate in 15 hours of job related training annually
* Ability to sit on floor or child-sized chair, and stand for 1 hour periods, occasionally lift 50 lbs. and crouch for 15 minutes
* Ability to multi-task
* Ability to act swiftly in emergency situations
* Incorporate and Model our YMCA Christian Principles into your work
* Commit to establishing long-term relationships with staff, volunteers, participants, members and families.
* Knowledge of State Licensing requirements
* Two-year degree in ECE or related field, or 30 hours of classes in Child Development or two years' experience working with children in a certified Early Childhood Center.
* One year of supervisory experience
* Current CPR and First Aid certification or ability to obtain within 30 days.
* Must hold a valid Oregon Driver's license, with a clean driving record and reliable personal transportation.
* Must pass driver's license review by insurance carrier.
* Must possess strong verbal, written, communication and supervisory skills.
* At least 25 years of age
* Must pass YMCA background check
Senior Program Director
Amberglen Child Development Center
2120 NW Amberbrook Dr.
Beaverton, OR 97006
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Equal Opportunity Employer