Provides trauma informed case management support to residents and/or their children. Provide direct service links to external resources necessary to establish safe and more permanent housing and support, and assist in maintaining a welcoming, safe, and supportive community environment. Provides and coordinates counseling services for a caseload of clients, either adults or children. All responsibilities are implemented according to our mission and values and according to Agency standards, including the Sanctuary Model ®.
1. A Bachelor’s Degree in social services or related field with some experience in direct service and/or advocacy is required; experience in a residential setting is strongly preferred.
2. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse population is required.
3. Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member is required.
4. Demonstrated proficiency in communication, both verbal and in writing, is required.
5. Some experience in working on domestic violence issues is strongly preferred.
6. Proficiency in Spanish is strongly preferred.
7. Prior Case Management experience preferred.
8. Demonstrated skill in crisis intervention, conflict resolution, group facilitation and counseling is strongly preferred.
For consideration, please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We strongly encourage candidates of color, LGBTQIA communities, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.