The National Marine Sanctuary Foundation supports and strengthens the national system of marine sanctuaries and plays a vital role in connecting the American public to the ocean through these special places. By actively engaging both Congress and the Administration, the Foundation works to increase federal resources and support for national marine sanctuaries and to focus attention on legislative and executive initiatives affecting sanctuaries. Through sanctuaries, the Foundation seeks to promote sound ocean and Great Lakes policies that improve resource protection, strengthen scientific understanding, forge partnerships, and enhance ocean governance. Through our efforts, national leaders become better equipped to make informed and coordinated decisions that can improve the overall health and sustainability of the ocean, coastal, and Great Lakes ecosystems now and for the future.
FINANCE AND OPERATIONS INTERN
The intern’s primary responsibility will be to assist the Foundation’s Finance and Accounting department with ongoing operations and processes that support the organization’s mission to achieve the goals listed below.
• Support finance team of three in routine monthly and close activities
• Records management and filing systems oversight
• Prepare requested reports or document search as needed
• Assist team in preparing for and execution of the annual audit
• Understand and help sustain compliance with established procedures and communicate work, responses and requirements in a cordial and collaborative manner to all stakeholders.
Operational and Research Goals
• Research and compile historical data using the accounting platforms as needed
• Maintain tracking and due date compliance as requested
• Set up new year fiscal year file structure and assist in coordinating archived material
• Other duties as assigned
Activities: Routine tasks associated with day-to-day office function with learning opportunities on a variety of business platforms and cloud based systems. A quick study with natural curiosity will excel in this opportunity.
• Bachelor’s degree or near completion preferred
• Strong writing and analytical skills
• Ability to perform under tight deadlines
• Demonstrated initiative, ability to work both independently and with others
• Attention to detail and highly organized
• Familiarity with a range of software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Experience working with in a business environment is a plus but not required
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter, resume, and 1 writing sample outlining why believe you would be an asset to this work along with 3 professional references to email@example.com with subject line ‘Finance and Operations Internship’. The deadline to apply is August 24th, 2018.