The Volunteer Services Coordinator is responsible for overseeing all volunteer programs and systems at the Upper Valley Haven. S/he develops the most effective way of utilizing the available human capital so that the needs of both the volunteers and the Haven are met. Building new relationships with people and organizations, s/he promotes participation in and support of the Haven services and activities. As the representative of the Haven, the Volunteer Services Coordinator ensures that individuals, school groups, and community partners interested in volunteering have clear understanding of the mission and work of the Haven. S/he is responsible for recruitment, placement, and data collection and reporting, as well as oversight of volunteer trainings and appreciation. S/he works closely with all Program Coordinators, Directors and Staff to ensure that volunteer programs are in line with the operating values and mission of the Haven. S/he also coaches and supports those colleagues in achieving the desired organizational outcomes through involvement of volunteers.
• Demonstrated ability to relate to people regardless of age, background, skills and abilities
• Demonstrated understanding of human behavior and motivation
• Conflict management skills
• Effective organizational, managerial, planning and communication skills
• Detail oriented and organized
• Experienced in volunteer program coordination
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to balance multiple projects and activities at one time
• Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and Excel preferred
• Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in relevant field
For more information or to apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Amber Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Volunteer Services Coordinator".