As a TeachKind assistant, you’ll strive to make the world a kinder place by helping teachers around the world bring humane education into the classroom! Whether it’s mailing out coloring books, answering a high volume of e-mails from teachers and replying to comments on TeachKind’s Facebook, or writing creative, fun features and lesson plans for the TeachKind website, your work will make a huge impact on teachers and students! PETA’s TeachKind program is growing every day, and we need someone with experience and knowledge in the classroom to help us be more effective than ever.
• Responding to e-mails and comments on social media from teachers about humane education and TeachKind
• Research into how to find teachers online and reach them in order for us to expand our presence on social media.
• Writing and sending letters to schools about promotions of Ringling, partnerships with SeaWorld, donkey basketball games, and more. And following up to win campaigns.
• Writing features and lesson plans for TeachKind
• Writing and coordinating e-mail promotions for TeachKind
• Brainstorming creative ways to get animal rights into the classroom—from fun activities teachers can provide for their class that teach a valuable lesson, to features that make humane educators feel supported and effective.
How to Land This Role:
• You should have a minimum of two years of office experience, and a background in education is preferable
• You must have exceptional writing skills, including excellent grammar and sentence structure, and knowledge of animal rights issues.
• Having experience in WordPress, Photoshop, Word, or Excel is a plus.
• You should demonstrate exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail. This will help you keep everything on track, so résumés with grammar or other errors will be rejected. Sorry, but we can't risk it.
• Great phone skills—as there will be times that you'll be taking calls from teachers or that we ask you to call schools and follow up on campaigns.
• We're not the world's largest animal rights organization because we work on one project at a time! We expect the best and will get the best, so we're looking for others who are great with time management and aren't easily stressed out.
• Many people say that they "thrive under pressure," but this position has no shortage of tight deadlines, so you must really be able to crank out high-quality work within short timeframes.
• Naturally, you'd need to be committed to the objectives of the organization, and living a vegan lifestyle would be part of this. How else would you know all the best healthy vegan school lunch suggestions?
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid U.S. driver's license, a minimum of three years of driving experience, and a satisfactory driving record
• Commitment to the objectives of the organization
Please apply online: