The JCC has been a resource for the Long Beach community for over 65 years! We provide a team environment and a friendly place to work. The Alpert JCC is currently seeking to hire a full-time Maintenance Associate I. This position works 40 hours per week; schedule will vary and include nights and weekends.
Essential Position Responsibilities
The Maintenance Associate I is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the entire facility, including the locker rooms and restrooms. In addition, they are responsible for the setup of all meetings and events.
• Housekeeping functions, including the regular and special cleaning of the building and grounds
• Use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools; vacuums, brooms and mops
• Daily inspections of all rooms to ensure safety, cleanliness and timely repair as needed
• Assist with the setup of facilities for meetings, conferences, and events
• Minor grounds keeping duties.
• Maintain the highest quality of courtesy, friendliness and service excellence toward members, visitors and staff
• Work effectively with all staff members
Skills and/or Experience Needed:
Candidates who only have experience working on personal projects, and have not been part of a company, will not be considered.
• One year experience in a maintenance facility or equivalent work environment
• Basic knowledge of cleaning products
• Demonstrated ability to work proactively and independently
• Must be able to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
This position is eligible for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays and 403(b) Contributions, Complimentary fitness center benefits for the employee and eligible family members are also included.
How to Apply
Please send a resume or come in to complete an employment application. Unfortunately, we cannot accept phone calls about this position. Thank you in advance for your interest!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer