About OneOC: OneOC's mission is to accelerate nonprofit success. With volunteer, training, consulting and business services, we help Orange County’s nonprofits become as effective and efficient as they are passionate about their missions. Our services are fully integrated, and strengthened through partnership with other local service providers. Together, we work to accelerate the success of Orange County nonprofits, enabling them to reach their full potential.
About Position: Through hands-on experience, interns will learn about the practical and daily aspects that partake in human resources. Interns will become familiar with human resource functions as they relate to OneOC and their fiscally sponsored projects which include benefit and payroll administration; recruiting, hiring and the orientation process; employee training and development; and policy and procedures.
Human resource interns will learn through applied practice about the HR role and the nonprofit sector. They will offer support through the various duties and the functions of HR management. Interns tasks will include the following:
· Assist in new hire and intern/volunteer orientation and on-boarding
· Learn and assist with payroll and benefits administration
· Interns will learn about implementation and administration of employment policies and procedures
· Assist HR Manager in compliance of HR laws and regulations
· Interns will learn about employee pre-screening and interviewing support, staff and volunteer/intern
· Assist in database management and paperwork filing
· Learn about employee relations, and encouraging a positive work environment
· Fall interns will support the on-boarding of new AmeriCorps Members
· Interns will also help with OneOC’s Welcome Center
Internship must be used towards course credit/program.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org your resume and cover letter for the Internship Application.