Bill Wilson Center is a nationally and regionally recognized leader for providing services to at-risk youth and families. Our agency -- from our executive team to our line staff -- is committed to improving the lives and conditions of the people we serve. We provide direct services to more than 3,500 children, youth, young adults and families in Santa Clara County. BWC provides services that meet the cultural and linguistic needs of our whole community. We value our unique ethnic diversity as well as the LGBTQ community and non-able body community. Join us and become a difference maker at Bill Wilson Center! Find out more at http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/
We have a wonderful opportunity for a Clinician II in our Youth & Family Crisis and Aftercare Services program. Become a difference maker and join Bill Wilson Center's NEW Crisis and Aftercare program for youth and family! The Crisis program offers clients 1-3 sessions of short term therapy and the Aftercare program offers mental health services between 3-months to 6-months of therapeutic services. The Clinician 2 will provide mental health crisis intervention services to clients in the community (home, school, etc.). Clinicians will also provide aftercare services to clients following crisis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Crisis Intake and Assessment services and aftercare treatment planning services under the clinical supervision of a licensed therapist.
• Provides Rehabilitation Counseling, Skill development, case management services to assist aftercare youth and families improve life domain functioning.
• Provides skill based and solution oriented focused care
• Services are provided in the natural settings such as community, home, and schools to improve accessibility and timeliness of response to crisis
• Assist with 5150s as appropriate per scope of practice
• Maintain appropriate paperwork and standards for mental health services, and case management according to County Behavioral Health as well as BWC standards, regulations, procedures and timelines
• Attend agency and other program meetings and trainings as appropriate.
• Must be able to communicate effectively, get along with coworkers and management and deal effectively and professionally under pressure.
• Maintain appropriate client engagement outcomes per County Behavioral Health contract and program requirements
• Participate in evening/weekend on-call rotation as required.
• Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
• Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement Activities and initiatives
• Participate in agency Safety initiatives and proactively report safety issues to management immediately.
• Other duties as assigned.
Masters (M.A.) in Behavioral Science (Counseling, Psychology, etc.) from four-year college or university; one to four years related experience and/or training. BBS registration required (or can start as Clinician 1 until BBS registered). Crisis intervention skills required. Knowledge of SCC Behavioral Health systems (Medi-Cal) and documentation procedures highly desired. Current CPR and First Aid Certification required (or complete within 30 days of hire). Valid California drivers license with access to a personal vehicle with current insurance that can be used for company business. Fingerprinting/background check as required by the Department of Justice and/or Title XXII regulations. TB test required.
Salary depends on experience. Benefits include employer paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability and Employee Assistance Program as well as access to Flexible Spending Account for Health and Dependent Care and Commuter Benefits, Voluntary Short Term Disability, Supplemental Life Insurance, Voluntary Accident Insurance and Retirement Plan with discretionary Employer Contribution. We also have a generous Personal Time Off (PTO) Plan and 12 Paid Holidays. In addition, Bill Wilson Center offer's extensive training, mileage reimbursement, FREE Staff Wellness Program/Activities including Yoga and much more!
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to and be sure to reference the position name in the subject line and/or cover letter:
BILL WILSON CENTER
FAX: (408) 244-4022
Bill Wilson Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Because of a need to remain responsive to the needs of our clients and our Agency's operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time.