The YMCA of Columbia-Willamette is a mission driven organization, which seeks individuals who are enthusiastic and passionate about our mission and vision. We do this by putting the Christian principles of love, respect, honesty, responsibility and service into practice.
Under the direction of the Summer Program Director, the Health Officer works to maintain a safe and healthy camp environment using preventive care and risk management techniques.
Summer Seasonal Dates of Employment: 6/10/18-9/4/18
Respond to medical needs of campers and staff. Work closely with volunteer RNs that may change weekly. Be an active and supportive member of the camp community and help to create an enjoyable experience for all campers and staff. The Health Officer must demonstrate positive, professional role modeling at all times, acting in a manner that is consistent with th e staff code of conduct and the philosophy, goals, and objectives of YMCA Camp Collins. Must remain on-site from Sunday Camper Check-in to Saturday Check-out unless on a scheduled time-off.
Salary Range: $800-1000 per week plus room & board
1.Incorporate and Model our YMCA Christian principles of love, respect, honesty, responsibility and service into your work.
2.Commit to establishing long-term relationships with staff, volunteers, campers and families.
3.Care for Campers/Staff who are Ill or Injured at Camp
4.Leadership Team: Demonstrate professional role modeling at all times, work to establish and maintain positive relationships with leadership team members, communicate regularly with summer program director, fulfill leadership team duties, and complete a thorough end of summer report.
5.Support Staff through building authentic relationships, coaching and eva luations (formal and informal), following up on camper behavior management, supporting staff through challenging situations, following through with commitments, helping staff grow professionally and personally, maintaining positive relationships throughout the summer, and serving as a liaison between staff and Leadership Team.
6.Health House Operations
7.Conduct Appropriate Parent Communication by acting proactively regarding camper concerns, being consistent and timely in inclusion of parent in updates on camper situations, and follow up with parental inquiries in a timely manner.
8.Perform other duties as assigned
* Minimum Age 21 (Directors need to be 21 to drive our leased vehicles)
* First Aid Certification
* Adult, Child & Infant CPR and AED Certification
* RN and license to practice in Oregon, LNP, EMT, or WEMT
* Must pass a YMCA background check
* Experience working with youth
* 1 year organized camp, school, or public health experience
* Driver's License with clean driving record
* Requires strong communication skills, positive attitude, initiative, flexibility, dependability, creativity and ability to work and problem solve as a team player.
* Must possess maturity, understanding, patience and commitment to serve youth.
* Mental and physical ability to deal with high stress situations and work well under pressure.
* Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently.
* Ability to support and connect with campers and staff.
* Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical abilities to act swiftly in an emergency situation.
* Ability and willingness to learn on the job in an environment that changes quickly.
* Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
Supervisor: Sam Giffin
YMCA Camp Collins
Branch Fax: 503-663-2323
3001 SE Oxbow Parkway
Gresham, OR 97080
The YMCA of Columbia-Willamette is a mission driven organization, which seeks individuals who are enthusiastic and passionate about our purpose and mission. We do this by putting the Christian principles of love, respect, honesty, responsibility and service into practice.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary: US$800 - US$1000 per week + R & B