The Healthy Breathing Project Manager will move the Healthy Breathing project forward to meet project outcomes and lead the community-based partnership with local clinics. The Project Manager is responsible for staff supervision and assignments, reports, training and quality assurance activities, coordination of field activities and liaison with staff of program partners. The Project Manager will also be responsible for integrating with the larger health mission and activities of Esperanza Community Housing Corporation.
• Providing oversight and coordination for the Healthy Breathing project.
• Supervising Esperanza’s Healthy Breathing project staff to meet aligned project goals. Assisting with project coordination for other programming and projects for Esperanza as needed.
• Developing the infrastructure to advance project and reach grant objectives, including coordination with leadership and staff of subcontracting agencies.
• Coordinating all project activities related to Healthy Breathing production objectives.
• Supervising, coordinating, and monitoring program staff, and evaluation activities.
• Writing and submitting grant reports. Coordinating with relevant staff to collect the necessary data to report on achievement and evaluation of grant goals and objectives.
• Developing Healthy Breathing presentations, trainings, and technical assistance tools that can be delivered to other community health centers in South Los Angeles.
• Representing Esperanza Community Housing Corporation on relevant coalitions/collaboratives and at public policy hearings (e.g. Asthma Coalition of Los Angeles County, City Planning meetings).
• Representing Esperanza Community Housing Corporation at key events related to the Healthy Homes South Los Angeles project.
• Integrating with Esperanza’s Healthy Homes program.
• Coordinating deeply and integrating AsMa: The Asthma Academy, to train Asthma Home Visitors, and working closely with Esperanza’s AsMa Project Manager.
• Representing the Healthy Breathing program on Esperanza’s Management Team.
• Understanding and support of Esperanza’s organizational Vision, Mission & Values;
• 1-2 years experience in project management or coordination;
• Experience facilitating collaborative projects involving multiple departments or agencies;
• 2-3 years experience working in public health, social service, and/or public policy.
• Bi-lingual in Spanish and English required.
• Master’s degree in relevant field preferred.
• Asthma Educator Certification preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with, and knowledge of, multi-ethnic and underserved communities.
• Experience working on environmental or chronic disease issues (e.g. asthma, lead poisoning, etc.).
Salary: DOE, commensurate with experience. Esperanza offers medical and dental benefits, 401K, group life insurance, and long term disability.
Interested parties should submit a cover letter, resume, and salary history to email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Healthy Breathing Project Manager.