The YMCA of Columbia-Willamette is a mission driven organization, which seeks individuals who are enthusiastic and passionate about our mission and vision. We do this by putting the Christian principles of love, respect, honesty, responsibility and service into practice.
To assist the teacher and implement a safe, developmentally appropriate environment in the classrooms for the Beaverton Child Development Center at 15650 NW Bluedridge Drive in Beaverton, Oregon.
Our Teacher Aides work in the Toddler classroom alongside the Teacher assisting in daily classroom tasks to ensure a safe and enriching environment, and develop healthy relationships with the children. This is a Part-time position scheduled to work up to 29 hour per week hours per week, hours are flexible.
* Under the supervision o f teacher, assist in all facets of classroom program activities, to include but not limited to: meal service, cleaning, supervision of children, assisting children with tasks, reading stories, singing songs, escorting children to the playground and bathroom.
* Adhere to the YMCA principles of love, respect, honesty, service and responsibility.
* Perform all other duties as assigned by supervising teacher.
* Obtain Food handlers within first 30 days. Receive CPR/First Aid and Child abuse and Neglect training within first 90 days of employment.
* Ability to follow directions.
* Ability to relate and communicate well with children, parents and other staff.
* Ability to communicate effectively both in written and verbal skills.
* Positive attitude and willingness to be flexible.
* Ability to sit on floor or child sized chair, stand for 1 hour periods, occasionally lift 50 lbs and frequently lift 30 lbs and crouch for 15 minutes.
* Ability to multi task.
* 15 years of age
* Meet all standards as dictated by the state Child Care Division
* Must pass YMCA background check
* Experience working with infants and toddlers.
1. Demonstrates in word and action the Y's Christian principles of love, honesty, respect, responsibility and service and a commitment to the Y's vision and mission.
2. Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y's work.
3. Listens and expresses self effectively and in a manner that reflects a true understanding of the n eeds of the audience.
4. Values all people for their unique talents and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence.
5. Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
6. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
7. Assesses, minimizes and prevents risk, practices consideration for the safety of others, adheres to Association standards of proper notification of incidents and care of the work environment and equipment, identifies and responds to circumstances appropriately.
8. Meets attendance expectations, follows Association procedures for requesting and documenting absences, is punctual, reliable, and adaptable, takes initiative, and accepts responsibility.
9. Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills, perceives, und erstands and manages interactions appropriately, is accountable for own actions, capitalizes on learning opportunities, and is open to performance feedback and coaching.
10. Demonstrates compliance in the following areas: CollaborNation, employee paperwork, performance evaluations, personnel policies, and procedures i.e. dress code, code of conduct. Attends mandatory trainings and meetings, acquires and maintains required certifications for current position.
Senior Program Director
Beaverton YMCA Child Development Center
15650 NW Blueridge Dr.
Beaverton, OR 97006
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary: Up to US$12.25 per year + ymcacw.org/careers