Cascade AIDS Project (CAP), the oldest and largest AIDS Service Organization (ASO) in Oregon and Southwest Washington, is committed to preventing HIV infections, supporting and empowering people living with or affected by HIV and eliminating HIV-related stigma and health disparities. Learn more about us at http://www.cascadeaids.org/.
CAP is excited to announce that we are currently hiring an experienced Employment Services Coordinator to manage CAP's vocational program. This is a 1.0 FTE position, which reports to the Manager of Supportive Programming.
Responsibilities include: assisting with the development and marketing of program materials; maintaining and developing new relationships with employers and community employment service providers; facilitating HIV and trans-specific employment and social supports; identifying and publicizing trans-specific community resources; assisting clients with resumes, cover letters, applications, and soft skills development; completing forms and entering data into the agency database in a timely and accurate manner; and performing other relevant tasks. The Employment Services Coordinator works collaboratively and communicates effectively with clients, volunteers, CAP staff, and community partners.
The person in this position is stationed in the CAP main office but will travel throughout the six-county service area for meetings and presentations. Evening and weekend work may occasionally be required. This is a non-management, union-represented position.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience in excess of 3 years
• A minimum of two years' experience providing direct social service (or similar)
• Ability to communicate effectively with other staff, management and community partners
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to create and edit professional resumes
• Ability to prioritize work projects and meet deadlines
• Experience working with limited supervision
• Experience working under pressure while prioritizing tasks/projects simultaneously
• Experience delivering excellent customer service
• Experience or comfort level with reaching out to employers, agency partners, potential partners and advocates
• Software proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Successful experience working with ethnic, racial, economic and sexually diverse populations and persons who have experienced homelessness, persons with a mental illness and/or substance abuse
• Ability to travel throughout the Portland metro area
• Willingness to work weekends and evenings for required agency events
• Experience working with workforce development resources in the Portland Metro area
• Familiarity with Supported Employment program model and/or vocational rehabilitation model
• Experience working with people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA) and/or people with disabilities, chronic illness and/or other barriers to employment
• Experience working with trans individuals and/or familiarity of employment barriers for trans people
• Experience facilitating adult education
• Bilingual English/Spanish
• Working knowledge of employment resources and labor laws
• Prior experience creating and facilitating trainings
• Marketing skills
Compensation: $40,702 annually; employer-paid health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan with generous employer matching contribution, 125C cafeteria savings plan; generous vacation and health leave benefits.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
To apply for this position, mail, email, fax, or deliver the following three documents:
1) a complete cover letter (attached as Word or pdf) that serves as an example of your writing and addresses how you meet all of the required qualifications specific to the position you are applying for,
2) your resume, and 3) a completed CAP Employment application (available at http://www.cascadeaids.org/about/careers/) to:
Cascade AIDS Project
Employment Services Coordinator Position
520 NW Davis St., Suite 215
Portland, Oregon 97209
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cascade AIDS Project is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply