WHO WE ARE
Planned Parenthood Association of Utah (PPAU) is a non-profit family planning agency and a leader in reproductive healthcare, advocacy, and education in the state of Utah. We provide high-quality, affordable reproductive health care for women, men, and teens in 9 health centers across the state.
At PPAU, care is much more than the services we provide; it’s the way we approach our world. We care with respect and are passionate about helping women, men, and young people lead healthy lives.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The call center hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30-6. This position is full time, 40 hours per week, and pays $11.89 per hour.
Customer Relations Representatives schedule appointments and provide initial contact and assistance for clients regarding PPAU services, test results, payment options, hours, locations and other inquiries. They build good will for and create a favorable image of the agency through the positive manner in which calls are handled.
- Answer phones for multiple sites and respond to client requests/inquiries.
- Respond to clients/patients basic questions and resolve issues using agency resources in accordance with agency protocol.
- Transfer calls to appropriate staff and/or departments.
- Schedule appointments according to agency protocol.
- Complete all audits, data entry, etc., as assigned
- Handle patient/client complaints according to agency protocol.
- Apply listening skills, empathy and rapport to accurately assess caller’s inquiries and service needs.
- Respond effectively and appropriately to difficult or angry callers in accordance with agency protocol.
- Provide lab results and accurately document results according to agency protocol.
- Recognize, document and alert the supervisor to any customer call trends.
- Manage high volume of calls on a daily basis and prioritize any required follow-through.
- Assist in identifying issues and trends and make recommendations to help improve overall customer service experience.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year customer service or related experience.
- Bilingual English/Spanish ability required.
WHY WORK AT PPAU?
In addition to competitive wages and a comprehensive benefit package, being part of the PPAU team means providing all Utahans with the opportunity to move through their reproductive lives as safely, confidently, and healthily as possible.
Planned Parenthood Association of Utah is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, marital status, age, veterans’ status, genetic information, disability, pregnancy or union activity. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. PPAU is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.