Neighborhood Trust Financial Partners seeks a strong Executive Assistant to support our Chief Executive Officer in every aspect of her work. From board communications to funder relations, the Assistant will assist the CEO, prioritize schedules, and aid in the proper handling of important, strategic, and urgent tasks in order to optimize the limited time available for executive processes. There is a lot to coordinate with a great deal of opportunity for the right person to grow within the role and organization.
The Assistant will report to the CEO and will be a visible and valued contributor to Neighborhood Trust’s Executive Team. The Assistant will work across the organization, interact with Neighborhood Trust’s stakeholders, partners, Board of Directors, and Advisory Board, and will immerse themselves in the financial empowerment field. To be successful, the Assistant must be a strong writer, an exceptional project manager, an effective problem solver, and have a demonstrated passion to serve in a mission focused non-profit like Neighborhood Trust’s.
About Neighborhood Trust Financial Partners
Neighborhood Trust’s mission is to empower low-income individuals to become productive participants in the U.S. financial system and achieve their financial goals. Neighborhood Trust serves more than 6,000 clients each year via its specially trained corps of 20+ Financial Advisors and is regarded as an industry leader in the financial empowerment field. Today we are cultivating our model as a scalable social venture that encourages financial services innovation. We are growing quickly with strong support from leading foundations and strategic partnerships helping us achieve national visibility.
For more information visit: neighborhoodtrust.org.
The Ideal Candidate
• Have exceptional project management skills
• Are eager to grow with Neighborhood Trust
• Think on your feet and have a high processing speed
• Are extremely organized and feel there is no task too small
• Are strong on timely execution
• Are a horizontal thinker
• Take a glass-half-full approach to today’s challenges
• Are a natural writer
• Can laugh at yourself from time to time and have thick skin
• Give everything 10% more than it requires
• Have superior written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to be flexible, efficient, and diplomatic with diverse constituent groups
• An optimistic approach to everyday work challenges
What you’ll do:
• Help manage CEO’s calendar and activities
• Coordinate CEO’s internal communications and work planning – with Executive Team and staff at large.
• Be an active liaison and participant between CEO and External Relations team, enabling them to build more effective relationships with Neighborhood Trust supporters
• Manage quarterly Board of Directors meetings and reports
• Serve as a filter, helping to handle the communications and tasks that don’t need to be on CEO’s plate
• Write with clarity, doing a great job of representing Neighborhood Trust
• Contribute/pitch in to all aspects of Neighborhood Trust as needed, from board communications to event planning to strategic planning to team-building
• Support CEO thought leadership, connecting CEO to industry trends, market opportunities and policy developments
• Overall serve as an aide to CEO of a growing organization, so you will be present for much of the strategic, communications, management, design and analytic work of Neighborhood Trust
• Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Assistant to the CEO Application – [Your Name]”
o A written description of why you want to join Neighborhood Trust’s team and what value you’ll add (think cover letter, but more direct and real)
o Your résumé
• High performers at Neighborhood Trust are given substantial opportunity to grow and develop
• The team is passionate, smart, entrepreneurial and creative
• Our work matters. We aim to ensure low-income families become financially secure.
• You’ll earn a competitive salary and benefits
• Financial inclusion is a young industry and financial services are ripe for innovation.
• We are an organization in perennial transformation mode so you will be an architect of something creative and impactful