Neighborhood Trust Financial Partners
Neighborhood Trust is seeking an organized and detail oriented project manager to serve as a Development Associate for individual giving as part of the External Relations team. The position will provide assistance, research, coordination, systematic follow-up and administrative support to CEO and the Director of External Relations in developing, maintaining and expanding the individual giving program. The Development Associate will report to the Director of External Relations and work closely with and share directly in the department’s responsibilities.
We seek an outstanding talent with an eagerness to contribute coordination and support to fundraising who is ready to learn and grow along with the organization. The ideal candidate is a well organized project manager with exceptional attention to detail who is a strong writer and takes initiative to achieve mission specific goals, project deadlines, outcomes and milestones.
ABOUT NEIGHBORHOOD TRUST
Neighborhood Trust’s mission is to empower low-income individuals to become productive participants in the U.S. financial system and achieve their financial goals. Neighborhood Trust serves 6,000 clients each year via its specially trained corps of more than twenty Financial Counselors and is regarded as an industry leader in the financial empowerment field. Today we are cultivating our model as a scalable social venture that encourages financial services
innovation. We are growing quickly with strong support from leading foundations, and strategic partnerships helping us achieve national visibility.
For more information visit: neighborhoodtrust.org.
This is a critical role on the External Relations team to manage and grow the individual giving program. Specific responsibilities include:
Proposal Development and Submission
o Lead projects on ask documents, grant writing and submissions, including:
o Maintain detailed proposal pipeline and data in Salesforce.
o With the Director of External Relations and CEO, actively coordinates all donor relationships. This work includes:
o Developing and disseminating NTFP email communications, including quarterly newsletter.
o Maintain detailed report pipeline and data in Salesforce.
Department and Project Management
o Coordinate and manage projects, calendars, reminder systems and related tools and processes to
ensure that the CEO and Director of External Relations develop and maintain positive relationships with donors and potential donors, including managing all proposal and report deadlines, communication follow up and appropriate points of contact.
o Ensure that the department is on track to meet or exceed its targets for revenue raised, reports and proposals submitted.
o Process all donor information, agreements and enter information into Salesforce for tracking.
Prospect Research and Cultivation
o Identify funding prospects using database, media, and web searches.
o Perform research on funding prospects, producing comprehensive prospect profiles. Track data in
Salesforce as necessary.
o Conceptualize the ‘pitch’ based on the interests of prospective funders.
o Design and produce relevant materials for funder meetings.
o Assist in scheduling and organize cultivation calls and meetings, attend meetings and make
presentations as necessary.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
● Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline.
● Ability to provide effective and organized support to CEO and Director of External Relations.
● Work experience in fundraising, project management, sales, business development, financial empowerment, nonprofit management, operations, or other related field.
● Superior written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively deliver complex, technical ideas in a compelling form.
● Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
● Entrepreneurial spirit and professional maturity; ability to work independently, think creatively, and know when to seek support.
● Collaborative work style and team ethic.
● Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and meet tight deadlines with exceptional results.
● Experience with or demonstrated ability to provide assistant in successful events planning is a plus.
● Experience with Salesforce or similar database preferred.
● Experience in Constant Contact or other email software is desirable.
Commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package offered.
Neighborhood Trust is committed to a workplace culture of collaboration and respect. We are dedicated to ongoing professional development for our employees, supporting career growth and opportunities for advancement within the organization. To apply please send resume, cover letter, writing sample, and salary requirements to email@example.com . Include “Development Associate” in the subject line of the email.
Competitive benefits package offered.