Reporting to a 13-person Board of Directors, Bailey House’s Chief Executive Officer will be responsible for managing an annual budget in excess of $18 million and leading the organization’s 110 staff. The CEO will partner with the Board to define the organization’s strategic goals, will build on its foundation of fiscal stability, and serve as the organization’s spokesperson.
Bailey House is seeking an entrepreneurial executive with healthcare and housing expertise. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the impact of healthcare reform on government and Medicaid funded programs, and the business acumen to assess strategies for leading Bailey House through a complex and competitive landscape. The CEO will understand the changing landscape of supportive housing developments in New York City and will draw on his/her knowledge of emerging financing models to expand the organization’s reach. The new CEO will be an accomplished public speaker who can effectively engage a variety of audiences and represent the organization across all media. The successful candidate should have the following:
• At least 10 years of executive leadership experience, preferably with a healthcare, housing or social services agency;
• Experience developing collaborative relationships, crafting MOU’s, negotiating strategic partnerships, and/or executing affiliation agreements;
• Knowledge of public policy issues and best practices for nonprofits providing services for marginalized, at risk, and health compromised communities impacted by racial, economic, and LGBT justice issues;
• Established relationships with public and private funders in the areas of health and human services; including, ideally, relationships with influencers in NYC government, and local peer agencies;
• Knowledge of supportive housing and community-based care coordination programming for mentally ill and/or chemically addicted, formerly incarcerated, food insecure, chronically ill individuals is preferred;
• Experience leading staff who are interfacing with and advocating for highly compromised clients;
• An understanding of the components required to successfully develop and manage integrated care and evidence-based programs and services;
• A track record of success cultivating, stewarding and soliciting public and private funds;
• Prior experience managing complex nonprofit budgets and P&L’s of $10 million or greater;
• An understanding of Board governance, organizational development and nonprofit best practices;
• Exceptional written and verbal communications skills including public speaking and media experience;
• Knowledge of marketing and communications strategies used to build brand awareness, increase organizational visibility and deliver effective messaging;
• Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree in related a related field, i.e. M.P.H., M.P.A., M.B.A., J.D., or equivalent professional experience preferred.
Our client is seeking a critical thinker with exceptional interpersonal skills. They will be driven to build partnerships and develop strategies to increase Bailey House’s impact and ensure the sustainability of its programs. The new CEO of Bailey House will believe that housing and healthcare are human rights. S/he will be committed to transforming the lives of people with or at risk of HIV/AIDS and other chronic illnesses through housing health services and community support. The ideal candidate will have:
• A strategic approach to leadership with a willingness to put aside personal biases to make decisions in best interest of the organization;
• A strong desire to serve, to put the needs of others first, to develop teams to perform as highly as possible, and to build a better organization;
• A passion for serving marginalized, at risk, and health compromised communities impacted by racial, economic, and LGBT justice issues;
• A respect for the history of Bailey House and it’s role in the history of HIV/AIDS epidemic;
• Strong relationship-building skills including a track record of success in fostering collaboration and strengthening networks;
• An approachable, collaborative and transparent leadership style;
• A vision for Bailey House’s growth and sustainability, and a commitment to serving the underserved.