Location: Downtown Oakland
Reports to: Executive Director
The purpose of this position is to support the Executive Director and senior staff with general administrative duties and completing special projects. The Administrative Assistant plays a central role in supporting upper level management for maximum efficiency and effectiveness and increasing CAFB’s capacity to deliver services to its membership.
• Assist Executive Director with administrative tasks, including but not limited to maintaining calendar and contact lists, meeting scheduling and preparation, travel and expense reports, paying invoices, time records, presentation materials, corporate records and general clerical needs
• Assist with coordination of annual member meeting, conferences, and other meetings; take a key role in coordination of biennial conference, pre-conference events, and regional meetings
• Assist development department with record maintenance and donor database management, including grant and individual donor data (electronic and hard copies)
• Assist with board and committee support; take and produce minutes for board and select committee meetings
• Schedule and coordinate quarterly staff meetings
• Assist with web maintenance tasks such as maintaining lists, uploading new and revised documents, and managing CAFB subdomains such as myfoodstamps.org and transformcalfresh.org
• Support the communications department by collecting/updating materials for social media, website, newsletters, etc.
• Assist other management team members as directed (departments include member services, policy, and finance)
• Take primary responsibility for special projects as assigned
• Other duties as necessary or assigned
The ideal candidate will be a highly self-motivated and computer literate individual, who demonstrates the ability to interface well with colleagues and the public, good teamwork skills, and intuitive support skills. Other qualifications include:
• Minimum AA degree, BA preferred
• Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
• Excellent organizational skills with ability to meet deadlines and independently manage multiple tasks and timely follow-through, with flexibility to adapt to changing needs
• Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly and to work effectively with minimal supervision
• Ability to develop effective working relationships
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise good judgment
• Outstanding computer skills including advanced competency with Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point required; knowledge of Drupal, HTML, or graphic design a plus
• Commitment to the mission of CAFB
• Must be able to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds unassisted
Compensation: $22 per hour, 37.5 hour work week, with generous benefits including employer-paid health, dental and vision, retirement program, life insurance, disability, and PTO.
Availability: The position is available immediately.
To apply: Only electronically submitted applications will be considered. To apply, use this form to submit a resume and cover letter. Please follow submission requirements and instructions carefully.