Full-time RN schedule is Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:00pm
Kairos offers competitive wages and generous benefit packages including 2.4 weeks paid time-off (PTO) +1 week of paid sick-time the first year of employment, +health, vision and dental insurance, agency is qualified for federal student loan repayment program and also a generous 401k with employer matching. Additionally, Kairos recognizes staff by providing innovative, dynamic training and internal growth opportunities.
Compensation range for this position: $4,187 - $5,810/monthly salary (DOE)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
RN DEGREE (BS or AA in Nursing) and appropriate Licensure and Certification. Previous experience in the mental health field is preferable.
1. Provide proof of current, valid Oregon Driver's License (or if out-of-state will obtain Oregon license within 30 days), comprehensive automobile insurance (if applicable) and a safe driving record (minimum of 3 yrs.) to use company or personal vehicle for required duties.
2. Successfully pass a Criminal Background Check and Medicaid Fraud Check.
3. Obtain and maintain current Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (NCI) Certification and demonstrate proficiency in Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (NCI) Certification procedures.
4. Obtain and maintain current First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification and Food Handlers Card.
5. Obtain and maintain National Provider Identifier (NPI) number and credentialing application process.
RN responsibilities include:
• Deliver and coordinate psychiatric services for youth, young adults and families.
• Establish rapport by demonstrating and maintaining clear, consistent, appropriate, and therapeutic boundaries.
• Actively supervise and interact with youth and young adults both in the community and within the therapeutic milieu.
• Demonstrate knowledge of and be able to efficiently access community resources, support services and referral systems for treatment and discharge planning.
• Provide transportation of youth and young adults, or assistance of transportation for appointments and activities.
• Provide individual and group skills training and coaching within skill areas including but not limited to: independent living/self-sufficiency, wellness, education, coping skills, navigating the medical community and community living.
• Demonstrate effective verbal intervention skills in de-escalating youth and young adults and an ability to safely navigate crisis situations.
• Concisely and thoroughly document daily clinical information. Provide timely accurate documentation to meet billing requirements. Must adhere to OAR and standards of care.
• Review all pertinent health information documentation prior to admission of youth and young adults and work with treatment team to ensure plans for health and safety as needed.
• Administer medications when necessary according to the Medication Override policy and guideline.
• Review all health documentation prior to admission of new residents.
• Transcribe physician and psychiatric orders.
• Transcribe all outpatient medical visit and lab visits in resident charts.
• Communicate all resident medical issues to staff in a timely manner.
• Collaborate with other medical department staff in developing policies and/or procedures related to health care/safety issues.
• Develop and participate in quality improvement efforts related to healthcare, medication management, infection control, and safety.
• Conduct infection control trainings for residents and staff.
• Conduct medication management trainings for residents and staff.
• Conduct MH disorder trainings for staff.
• Maintain records regarding medication dispensation.
• Maintain the physician's order books for each resident.
• Maintain the Diet Instructions book in both the med room and kitchen.
• Participate in program staff meetings.
• Complete all documentation accurately and timely.
Kairos is non-profit mental health agency that provides a variety of psychiatric services to children and young adults struggling with trauma and other mental health issues in various locations throughout Oregon for over 39 years. Known state-wide and nationally for innovation, quality, and accountability in its provision of services, Kairos commits itself to continuous learning and grounding of evidence based treatment models and emerging best practices in mental health through partnerships and training opportunities with leaders in the mental health field. Accredited by The Joint Commission since 1984, licensed by the Oregon Health Authority Office of Licensing and Regulatory Oversight and certified by the Oregon Health Authority Addictions and Mental Health Division.
To apply: Send Kairos employment application available at http://www.kairosnw.org with resume and cover letter by email to HR@kairosnw.org - or fax to (541) 956-5463. Background and Medicaid fraud check, valid driver's license with 3 yrs. min. driving experience with safe driving record required. Apply TODAY to join the Kairos team and attend the next scheduled orientation date!
◊◊◊◊◊ Mission Statement ◊◊◊◊◊
We collaborate with young people, families, and communities to provide intensive mental health services and supports, promote mental wellness, and instill hope.
◊◊◊◊◊ Vision Statement ◊◊◊◊◊
A region of communities that understands and values mental and emotional wellness, in which all youth and their families have appropriate support and care.