Full-time Skills Coach available schedules are: Sat. and Sun. 6:30am-4:00pm, Mon. and Tues. 2:30-11pm with additional required weekly staff meetings (Thur. staff meeting 1-4:30pm) and Friday -Monday Awake Overnight 10pm-7:30am. Must be willing to travel to attend Orientation training for first week of employment at Kairos' administrative offices located in Grants Pass, Oregon. (lodging accommodations and food per-diem provided.)
If you enjoy making a difference in young adults' lives, then this is a great time to begin working at an innovative agency that values mental wellness and offers plenty of growth opportunities in a career that makes a lasting difference in the lives of young adults.
Kairos offers competitive wages and generous benefit packages including 2.4 weeks paid time-off (PTO) +1 week of paid sick-time the first year of employment, +health, vision and dental insurance, agency qualified for federal student loan repayment program and also generous 401k with employer matching. Additionally, Kairos recognizes staff by providing innovative, dynamic training and internal growth opportunities. Compensation range for this position: $11.62 - $16.12/hr. DOE
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in the care, treatment and teaching of young adults with psychiatric needs by providing a consistent presence, skills training and emotional support in a safe and secure manner.
• Establish rapport by demonstrating and maintaining clear, consistent, appropriate, and therapeutic boundaries.
• Actively supervise and interact with young adults in the therapeutic milieu and various community environments to maintain safety and provide psychiatric services.
• Demonstrate knowledge of young adult development and group dynamics by adjusting therapeutic approaches to developmental level and group interactions.
• Safely de-escalate young adults including in crisis situations, by effectively using verbal intervention skills.
• Concisely and thoroughly document daily clinical information using a variety of computer software.
• Provide timely accurate documentation adhering to Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR) and standards of care.
• Abide by ethical codes, mission, values, and professional standards, including confidentiality.
• Present a positive attitude, professional demeanor and demonstrated respect with young adults, families, staff, visitors, and community partners.
• Comply with all federal, state and agency health and safety reporting requirements.
• Maintain prompt and regular attendance with ability to be flexible and adjust schedule as necessary to fit program needs and meet the needs of young adults and their families.
• Based on identified individualized needs, provide individual contact with the young adult to teach, model, and coach life skills; provide tutoring, encourage and reinforce positive behavior, etc.
• Assist program staff when necessary in crisis situations.
• Actively utilize, reference, and follow established agency policies, procedures, and guidelines in a proper and safe manner.
Education and Experience Minimum Qualifications:
• Must meet Qualified Mental Health Associate (QMHA) classifications, which includes a Bachelor's degree in Psychology (or related field) --OR- an Associate's degree plus at least one year work experience in Human Service/Mental Health field --OR- a High School diploma and three years of work experience in Human Service/Mental Health field.
• Successfully pass a Criminal Background Check and Medicaid Fraud Check.
• Valid driver's license with 3 yrs. min. driving experience with safe driving record.
Kairos is non-profit mental health agency that provides a variety of psychiatric services to children and young adults struggling with trauma and other mental health issues in various locations throughout Oregon for over 39 years. Known state-wide and nationally for innovation, quality, and accountability in its provision of services, Kairos commits itself to continuous learning and grounding of evidence based treatment models and emerging best practices in mental health through partnerships and training opportunities with leaders in the mental health field. Accredited by The Joint Commission since 1984, licensed by the Oregon Health Authority Office of Licensing and Regulatory Oversight and certified by the Oregon Health Authority Addictions and Mental Health Division.
To apply: Send Kairos employment application available at http://www.kairosnw.org/employment with resume and cover letter by email to HR@kairosnw.org - or fax to (541) 956-5463. Background and Medicaid fraud check, valid driver's license with 3 yrs. min. driving experience with safe driving record required. Apply TODAY to join the Kairos team and attend the next scheduled orientation date!
◊◊◊◊◊ Mission Statement ◊◊◊◊◊
We collaborate with young people, families, and communities to provide intensive mental health services and supports, promote mental wellness, and instill hope.
◊◊◊◊◊ Vision Statement ◊◊◊◊◊
A region of communities that understands and values mental and emotional wellness, in which all youth and their families have appropriate support and care.