Summary of Job:
Client Care Counselors will ensure that owners are successfully reunited with their animals. Educates the public regarding humane pet care and provides all clients with up to date information on discounted services offered by the Community Clinic. Possess a welcoming, professional demeanor with all clients regardless of the situation at hand. Oversee that all stray and owner surrendered animals are accepted humanely into our care. Endorse teamwork by being cooperative, flexible, adaptable, and helpful with all departments.
• Complete daily lost and found room checks and maintain consistent contact with shelter animals for easy identification when trying to match a lost animal with their potential owner.
• Counsel clients regarding feline trap, neuter, and release services and fees.
• Guide owners in reaching the most fitting decision concerning their animal, whether it be redemption, request for euthanasia, or relinquishment.
• Ensure that all paperwork is organized, up to date, and located in the correct areas.
• Firm knowledge base concerning the issuing of intact permits.
• Aware of all basic humane law enforcement procedures and fees when dealing with the redemption process.
• Provide available resources to pet owners who are looking for their pet.
• Complete intake process for stray and owner surrendered animals.
• Fully trained on completing an in house adoption.
• Document any alarming animal behavior or noticeable medical conditions during intake process on the animal's paperwork.
• Use the shelter wide computer database to record all information and updates pertaining to animals in our facility.
• Handle all animals humanely, properly, and with compassion at all times, regardless of the situation or circumstances.
• Attend all training and animal handling classes scheduled.
• Maintain a professional, friendly demeanor towards clients.
• Work courteously and cooperatively with other staff members and volunteers.
• Assist with the general upkeep of the interior and exterior lobby and public spaces.
• Maintain confidentiality regarding all cases.
• Respectfully communicate with Humane Law Department regarding redemptions and ongoing court cases.
• Reach out to vet clinics, other animal organizations, and microchip companies on a daily basis.
• Contact pet owners with information and updates regarding their animal.
• Assist in contacting clients via phone and email about owned, lost, and found animals.
• Update the animal care supervisor or managers regularly on the status of owned animals in our care.
Reporting Relationships and Contacts
• Client Care Counselors shall be hired by the recommendation of the Client Care Supervisor and Placement Manager.
• Client Care Counselors shall be directly supervised by the Client Care Supervisor.
• To assure effective communication, Client Care Counselors shall be expected to attend all departmental meetings.
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or G.E.D. required, bachelor's degree or some college preferred
Minimum Qualifications (or skills and knowledge):
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check, pre-employment physical and substance screening
• Great attention to detail and ability to multi task is required.
• Familiar with Microsoft Office (word, excel) and other basic computer programs.
• Expected to work extended hours as needed.
• Ability to work weekends and holidays.
• Mental and physical flexibility is a must.
• Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds; push and pull heavy objects; bend, twist, reach; perform strenuous physical activities including frequent walking and running, standing, bending and stooping.
• Capable to work around all animals.
• Must be able to work with industrial strength cleaners and disinfectants.
Working Environment (or Working Conditions):
• Works in an area with a high noise level.
• Potentially subject to animal bites and scratches.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.