Under the direction of the Case Management Programs Manager, the Medical Case Manager assists HIV positive individuals and their significant others with issues as they relate to HIV/AIDS disease through provision of treatment adherence counseling to ensure readiness for, as well as adherence to, complex HIV/AIDS treatments. Case managers assist clients bylinking clients with a range of client-centered services, including health care services, psychosocial assistance, and support services. Case management services will be provided as a member of the Access Services Department.
- Consistent with agency case management standards, provide day-to-day case management services, information, and referrals for ASA clients.
- Assist individuals with HIV to access or remain in primary medical care
- Coordinate with interdisciplinary medical team to improve retention in care.
- Provide treatment adherence counseling
- Coordinate supportive services to address barriers to care.
- Advocate on the client's behalf and refer cases to other community resources when appropriate.
- Conduct psychosocial assessments with clients and their significant others.
- Work with clients to identify and develop service plans that focus on immediate and long-term needs related to disease management.
- Conduct ongoing routine follow-up through home/hospital visits and/or telephone contacts to reassess needs.
- Ensure that consistent documentation is completed and performance outcomes are captured per guidelines.
- Meet deadlines for documentation and timesheets.
- Maintain documentation and program notes in the client records according to departmental standards by utilizing a computerized information system.
- Attend and participate in weekly unit meetings and monthly small group meetings.
- Assist with and participate in quality improvement activities and other projects as assigned in the department.
- Participate in quality improvement activities.
- Participate in agency fundraising events, including ASA's AIDS Walk, on an annual basis.
- Perform additional duties as directed by the Case Management Programs Manager and/or Director of Access Services.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Master's degree in social work
- Current Texas licensure as LMSW
- 3yrs of experience in human services, HIV, mental health, and/or substance abuse
- Experience working with individuals of diverse cultures, ethnicities, socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, and gender identities and/or expressions
- Training in harm reduction principles and motivational interviewing skills
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; occasional evenings
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.