The Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper is responsible for bookkeeping tasks involving accounts payable, receivable and general ledger items. The administrative assistant duties involve basic clerical support and answering administration and development phone calls. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, functions well in a fast paced environment and is a team player. A passion for the welfare of animals and sharing office space and providing care to animals is required.
Reports to: Accountant of Finance & Administration
- Daily pick up of mail at the Post Office and distribution of such to appropriate staff
- Assists with answering of incoming administration and development calls
- Purchase supplies and equipment as authorized by management and monitor office supply levels and reorder as necessary
- Assists with Board/Committee meeting preparation
- Drafts correspondence as requested
- Participate in events as needed as a member of administrative staff.
- Other duties as required by Accountant, VP of Finance & Administration or Human Resources & Finance Director.
- Handles all aspects of accounts payable (A/P): entering approved payables, processing checks and mailing accordingly.
- Handles some aspects of general ledger (G/L)
- Verifies and compiles deposits and enters accordingly after taking deposits to the bank.
- Enters in all daily income reports no less than on a weekly basis
- Files invoices with processed checks to maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Provide financial reports as requested by internal Accountant, VP of Finance & Administration or Human Resources & Finance Director.
- Assists with annual audit.
Experience & Skills:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
- Must be able to work effectively and independently in a very fast-paced, team oriented environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong organization skills and very detail oriented.
- Proficiency in or ability to learn the various software programs utilized at St. Hubert’s Animal Welfare Center, including Fund-EZ, Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Office, and Shelter Buddy. Expertise in Excel a must.
- Shelter Experience a plus.
- Must have a passion for the mission of St. Hubert's Animal Welfare Center and enjoy an office environment with multiple animals which may include cleaning of their space.
- Full Time, hourly, non-exempt position.
- Daily reporting hours and days of the week vary according to the business needs of the department.
St. Hubert's is an equal opportunity employer