- Conduct daily accounting activities for SHIELDS Housing and SHIELDS for Families.
- Prepare Monthly Billings for Shields for Families
- Follow up on, collect and allocate payments.
- Prepare bank deposits.
- Research cash receipts, coding and posting of A/R.
- Oversee accounts receivable write-offs and payment reversals.
- Prepare quarterly and as needed financial reports.
- Work with auditors to complete both annual and program specific audits.
- Prepare monthly A/R Reports.
- Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records and files: reconciling accounts.
- Utilizing QuickBooks software, manage accounts payable, general ledger, rents receivable, and banking.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Run checks to pay monthly bills.
- Prepare and expedite monthly billing and collections procedures to maximize revenue and cash flow
- Provides accounting support for mergers and acquisitions of new programs.
- Highly organized and be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in a business-friendly and user –friendly language.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Flexible work habits.
- Must be able to change priorities at a moment’s notice.
- Must have experience with Microsoft products and QuickBooks and/or other accounting software.
These requirements are typically met by a combination of a Bachelor’s level in Accounting or related field. 2 – 3 years of experience in bookkeeping, accounting, administrative tasks related to finance may be substituted for Bachelor’s Degree.