Director of Student Recruitment and Family Engagement
The Director of Student Recruitment and Family Engagement is directly accountable to – and will be comanaged by – the Executive Director (ED) and the Chief Operating Officer (COO). The Manager of Student Recruitment is a parttime role on the Chicago Collegiate team (with the possibility of transitioning into a fulltime position in summer 2017) who works to ensure our student body is fully enrolled, so that as many students as possible are able to attend our school and therefore demonstrate dramatic student achievement gains as well as the character traits and intellectual habits needed to succeed in the college of their choice, lead in their communities and change the world.
The Manager of Student Recruitment must embody Chicago Collegiate’s core values of Excellence, Courage, Pride, Grit and Zest. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Recruitment Events: Identify and create events and other opportunities to meet potential students and families in the community. Secure space for Chicago Collegiate at those events and go represent the school; enlist support of students/parents/staff as needed for additional support. Utilize events to build awareness of Chicago Collegiate and convince families to apply.
- Recruitment in the Community: Develop and execute on a plan and schedule for community engagement, targeting areas of likely potential students based on community relationships, our current student body, and referrals. Work will likely include stopping by businesses and organizations, knocking on doors in neighborhoods, chatting up people who are out and about, etc.
- Current Family Engagement: With the principal and other staff members, develop and execute on a strategy for retaining current students, through communication, engagement, and incentive strategies for our current families. Utilize current families to build referrals.
- Info Sessions: Coordinate and colead Info Sessions at the school for applicants and accepted families, to help them see Collegiate and get excited about attending.
- General Marketing: Participate in creating larger marketing strategies, e.g. areas to target with fliers or postcards, and support as needed in designing and distributing materials.
- Applicant Management: Collect and return paper applications; manage application tracking and monitoring systems. Ensure regular touchpoints with applicants throughout the process to answer their questions and build excitement about the school.
- Lottery: Support the logistics of the lottery; lead applicant/family coordination and communication. Attend the lottery and use that event to further goals.
- Enrollment Engagement: Engage regularly with admitted students and their families from the time they are accepted until the first day of school, to get as many people as possible to accept (and keep) their spots at Chicago Collegiate. Ensure people understand requirements, support them in completing paperwork, offer and administer enrollment incentives, hold regular events for accepted families, send out a communication about the school to keep people excited and engaged on a regular basis, etc.
- Enrollment Process Management: Collect and return enrollment materials; manage enrollment tracking and monitoring systems, including our enroll@ email inbox. Track and report on progress to goals.
Outreach and Engagement Responsibilities:
- General Community Engagement: Partner with the Executive Director and principal to build and support a larger community engagement strategy which will support not just student recruitment and enrollment, but
also build closer ties between the school and the Roseland community to lead to better outcomes for all involved, especially students.
- Demonstrable passion about Chicago Collegiate Charter School – in particular, strong belief in the importance of parental choice in education, and passion about our mission and the success of our model
- Strong “people skills” – particularly a high ability to influence and motivate others to action; also ability to be relatable and personable and communicate well with others
- Organized, with good attention to detail
- Strong personal and/or professional networks in the Roseland/West Pullman areas, and a willingness to tap into those while working at the school (preferred but not required)
- Comfortable with technology (especially computer spreadsheets) and willingness to learn new skills in that area if needed
- A strong work ethic and a passion for being part of a teamoriented, missiondriven school culture
- Ability to be solutions oriented and approach each day with a sense of possibility
- Ability to conduct self professionally as a representative of the school
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required
- Experience in sales preferred, but not required
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This is a parttime position beginning in January 2016 through June 2016. The anticipated hours are 2025 hours per week; hourly rate is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Depending on several factors, including the person’s job performance and results in the parttime role, this position may include the option to transition to full time (with benefits) in July 2017.
Apply online at www.chicagocollegiate.org/careers.
Commitment to Diversity: Chicago Collegiate is actively seeking to build a diverse and experienced team of educators. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin and are an equal opportunity employer.