Chicago Collegiate Teacher Job Description
The mission of Chicago Collegiate Charter School is to equip ALL students with the academic skills, intellectual habits and character traits to succeed in college, strengthen their communities and change the world. Teachers are vital to the fulfillment of this mission and are at the heart of our school and our team.
Teachers will be matched to a departmental position in 4th-9th grade based on experience and interest for the 2017-2018 school year. Due to our expansion, we are currently hiring for Math, Reading/English, Science, History, Foreign Language, and the Arts.
Teachers exemplify the core values of excellence, grit, zest, courage and pride by:
• Developing daily, unit and long-term lesson plans and assessments and assisting in the development of curriculum standards and mapping
• Teaching students in a high quality, engaging way
• Creating and fostering a culture of achievement and community
• Building strong relationships with students, families and colleagues
• Continuously assessing student progress, analyzing data and differentiating instruction to meet individual student needs and maximize learning
• Being prepared to do whatever it takes for students to excel on their journey to and through college, including communicating with students & families regularly via school-provided cell phone
• Operating with a growth mindset and committing to ongoing professional and personal growth in a collaborative environment
• Working well on a trailblazing team in its fifth year, which will continue to expand until the school serves 4th – 12th graders in the Roseland community
• Have a passion for innovating their instructional practice by using personalized learning and small group instruction.
• Hold the belief that teachers are the primary drivers of their classroom culture and are a direct contributor to our school’s culture.
• Bachelor's degree (required)
• Demonstrated success in raising the achievement levels of traditionally underserved students, particularly in urban schools (preferred)
• Current and valid Illinois teacher certification (preferred)
• An unwavering belief that all students can achieve at the highest academic levels, regardless of demographics
• A strong work ethic and a passion for being part of a team-oriented, mission-driven school culture
• Ability to be solutions oriented and approach each day with a sense of possibility
• A desire to become a better teacher by joining the Chicago Collegiate family
Compensation and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
Apply online at www.chicagocollegiate.org/careers.
Commitment to Diversity: Chicago Collegiate is actively seeking to build a diverse and experienced team of educators. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin and are an equal opportunity employer.