QUALIFICATIONS: MSW degree and experience working with older adults. Knowledge of resource and benefit programs. The Social Worker will work collaboratively and effectively with other service providers in meeting the case management and assistance needs of the area's older adults. Excellent organizational, communication, outreach and advocacy skills and the ability to work as part of a team. Computer literacy a must, including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
*Must be bilingual in Cantonese and/or Mandarin*
Conduct intakes, registrations, health screenings and needs assessments.
- Develop care plans and provide case management to individuals and groups.
- Assist participants to access government entitlement programs, social services systems and other resources for which they are eligible.
- Make referrals/provide linkages to other appropriate services.
- Facilitate a weekly group for senior residents.
- Survey residents on their individual and group health, mental health and wellness needs.
- Conduct ongoing outreach to identify seniors who would benefit from project activities.
- Establish working relationships with representatives of program partners and other individuals key to program success.
- Monitor project participation and outcomes of service provision and referrals.
- Submit weekly work schedules and work statistics in a timely manner.
- Keep supervisor abreast of outstanding issues and workload priorities.
- Participate in case presentations and staff meetings.
- Attend training opportunities and present information gained to unit staff.
- Input necessary data into client database program(s).
- Maintain central filing system of clients and resources.
- Maintain complete and accurate case records on all clients.