Coalition for a Better Acre (CBA) seeks an energetic, hard-working, organized, reliable, and responsible individual to serve as the Program Coordinator for our Health Equity division under the supervision of the Director of Programming. The successful candidate will join a team offering programming in Youth Development and Civic Engagement, including the Merrimack Valley Time Exchange.
Health-related costs and obstacles can play a large role in determining peoples’ economic success or struggles and can keep residents from fully engaging with their community. Our programming aims to prevent and resolve these obstacles through education and activity. The successful candidate will connect residents to health resources, advocate for increases or adjustments in care as appropriate, and develop new programs to better serve our community.
- Develop a workplan and calendar of activities for respective program area
- Manage outreach to neighborhood residents, residents of CBA properties, and CBA members through door knocking, one on one meetings, and larger community meetings
- Support the planning of major events, membership meetings, and other community activities
- Work with the director of programming in developing a program budget and manage the resulting program budget responsibly
- Conduct an annual community assessment working with the Director of Programming and other program coordinators
- Maintain positive relationship with partners and funders
- Conduct program evaluation, data collection, and analysis to quantify the impact of the work of CBA
- Supply necessary program data to resource development coordinator
- Represent CBA in the Lowell community at events, meetings, and other public activities
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the organization and find ways to integrate programs with other departments to achieve CBA’s overall goals
- Support other program coordinators in their focus areas
- Other duties as assigned
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
Our ideal candidate will have a passion for community-based development and community organizing and will have many of the following skills and experiences:
- Demonstrated experience in and commitment to community-based organizing, campaign development, and leadership development
- Three to five years of experience in a related program area
- Experience working in community health or related advocacy or education
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups and individuals
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a responsible and dedicated manner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfort using technology for organizing, including spreadsheets, databases, word processing, computer graphics, and social networking platforms
- Ability to communicate in Spanish or Khmer preferred
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including mornings, evenings, and occasional weekends
- Licensed driver preferred
- B.A. or equivalent in work experience preferred
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter, including your salaryrequirements, to Pam Miller, Office Manager of the Coalition for a Better Acre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CBA offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
CBA is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunity in employment