Penn-Mar Human Services, founded in 1981, serves more than 400 adults with intellectual disabilities through its residential, respite, educational, vocational and supported employment programs in northern Baltimore, Carroll and Harford Counties in Maryland, and in southern York County in Pennsylvania. We are currently seeking a Job Developer for our Customized Employment Division.
This position is responsible for building relationships with area businesses that could benefit from employing adults with developmental disabilities. The job requirements include but are not limited to:
- Regularly contact and meet with area employers to learn about their business.
- Identify each employer's needs to determine if a mutually beneficial relationship exists.
- Create task lists and job profiles based on the specific needs of the employer.
- Using career themes identified during discovery and exploration, develop an individualized job search plan.
- Works with the individual's employment team to indentify necessary supports and accommodations that each individual might need to be successful in the workplace.
- Prepares employment proposals and negotiates job.
- Work closely with Penn-Mar's supports coordinator to assure quality and assist the employer and employee with working through any concerns or performance issues.
- Regularly maintains database for every employment contact, job secured, and/or successful employment outcomes (i.e. Increase in hours, promotions, etc.)
This position is a salary position, starting around $40,000/annually. The hours for the position will be 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday-Friday with flexibility as needed for evening or weekend appointments.The work location is based in Freeland, MD.
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred with two yrs. related exp. in Sales, Marketing or as a Job Developer.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Suite, required.
- Acceptable criminal background.
- Valid Driver's License with 2 yrs. experience, and less than 3 moving violations (NO Major Violations, D.U.I.'s or Suspensions) in the previous 36 months.
- Ability to pass pre-employment Drug Screen/ Physical/ Mantoux Test (PPD, TB).
Penn-Mar Human Services is an E.O.E.
Penn-Mar only accepts online applications for employment.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.