The Irvine Ranch Conservancy is a non-profit, non-advocacy organization with 50 full-time, part-time, and seasonal employees and nearly 400 volunteers. Our mission is to protect, restore, and enhance the natural resources of nearly 50,000 acres of protected open space on the Irvine Ranch Natural Landmarks in perpetuity, and to provide diverse opportunities for compatible public enjoyment through scientific, recreational, and educational initiatives and programs. We fundamentally believe that awareness and appreciation by the public, through making personal connections to the land, is essential to transforming the Irvine Ranch Natural Landmarks into an internationally acclaimed treasure of preserved open space and recreational enjoyment.
The Conservancy is now accepting applications for a Communications Manager to be a part of a mission-based land management and stewardship organization. This position is the primary individual responsible and accountable for external communications programs and products, as well as managing brand consistency for both the Conservancy's brand and the brand of the lands where we work. The Manager identifies, develops, manages and implements communications campaigns and efforts on behalf of landowners and partner organizations that actively engage key stakeholders, collaborators and the general public with the goals and vision of the Conservancy, the Irvine Ranch Natural Landmarks and other open space management obligations, programs and contracts. This position will be responsible for implementing day-to-day communications, public relations, and social media efforts for the Conservancy. This includes writing release, reports, article, email blasts, proposals, and other relevant strategies, programs and projects to connect people to the lands and resources of the Irvine Natural Landmarks and other Orange County Wildlands.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
Education - Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, public relations/marketing or other relevant field and 3 to 5 years of related leadership experience in Communications and PR/Marketing.
- Experience with a broad spectrum of public relations tools and techniques including electronic and print media, internet, e-communications, social media, special events, brand/image management and writing/production of collateral materials.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills. Must be able to write clearly, easily and persuasively for a variety of audiences.
- Teamwork Highly self-directed, strategically innovative and entrepreneurial. Ability to implement plans, programs and projects on own initiative in collaboration with internal and external teams.
- Communication Skills Ability to fluently and persuasively convey ideas and messages regarding the Conservancy.
- Adaptability Highly adaptable and flexible; ability to adjust strategy and tactics in dynamic work environment.
- Problem Solving Ability to leverage constructive and effective relationships toward goals. Resolve conflicts and move groups and individuals to joint outcomes.
Benefits: The Conservancy offers industry-leading benefits including paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave; medical, dental, and vision insurance; health savings account (HSA) with employer contribution; life and short- and long-term disability insurance; optional retirement plan with company match, optional flexible spending account (FSA), optional dependent care spending plan, and optional long term care insurance with employer contribution.
How to Apply: Visit irconservancy.applicantpro.com to submit your resume and cover letter or fax to (714)731-7104. Visit our company website www.irconservancy.org for a full job description.
The Irvine Ranch Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.