Our Teen Camp Director at the Hiawatha Community Center creates and implements daily after school programming and summer camp programming for youth ages 11-13. Duties will include creating a daily plan with a focus on art, physical movement and social development, planning field trips, driving City van and transporting youth participants, ensuring regular communication with parents about their children and the program activities, and administrative work.
- Monday – Friday 30 hours per week during the school year
- Must be able to work year-round, with the ability to work up to 40 hours per week during the summer months
- Oversee approximately 10-20 teen youth and ensure safety of participants at all times
- Develop programs that are developmentally age appropriate and culturally relevant
- Establish relationships of mutual trust and good communication with program participants, their families, and community center staff
- Oversee program staff, including scheduling and on the job training
- Prepare reports and perform other administrative tasks, attendance records, program application and fees, budgeting, etc.
- Provide a safe environment by maintaining orderly, clean and appealing facilities; competent in emergency preparedness; removing known safety hazards; ensuring staff have current CPR/First Aid certification, and any other required or applicable credentials
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Experience with working with 11-13 year olds and with large groups and diverse populations
- Experience with leading activities to this age group and supervisorial experience
- Able and willing to drive City van to transport youth participants as needed
- Must have strong communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with parents and Parks & Recreation staff
- Current First Aid, CPR, and Food Handlers permit, or willingness to attain
- Must have a valid WA state driver license and clear a driving history record from DOL upon hire
- Must pass criminal background check
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the US and valid government issued ID
- Must sign up for direct deposit with either checking or savings account or Payroll Paycard
This is a full-time, year-round, benefited position. Benefits include medical, dental and vision, 401(k), paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Employee Assistance Program.
Who May Apply: This position is open to all candidates that meet the minimum qualifications. ARC is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer and values diverse perspectives and life experiences. Applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. ARC encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, veterans, and those with diverse life experiences.
Accommodations for people with disabilities are provided upon request. Please call (206) 615-0110 to request accommodations.
Position opened until filled. Applications are reviewed as soon as it is received.