| Job Description
Associated Recreation Council, the non-profit partner with Seattle Parks & Recreation, is currently looking for individuals who wish to actively support their communities while having fun and help provide a great experience for children ages 5-12. Our school-age care programs provide a fun, creative, safe, and welcoming environment for children to learn, play, and grow.
We are hiring for School-Age Child Care Counselor positions at various Community Centers across the Seattle area for the Before School and After School programs.
Available locations for school year programs include (additions/availability subject to change):
- Northwest Seattle: Ballard, Bitter Lake, and Magnolia Community Centers
- Northeast Seattle: John Rogers Elementary School, Meadowbrook Community Center, Northgate Community Center, Thornton Creek Elementary School, and Wedgwood Elementary School
- Central Seattle: Montlake (McGilvra Elementary School), Queen Anne Community Center
- Southwest Seattle: Alki, Delridge, Hiawatha, High Point, and South Park Community Centers; and Genesee Hill Elementary School, Lafayette Elementary School, and Schmitz Park Elementary School
- Southeast Seattle: Jefferson, Rainier, Rainier Beach, and Van Asselt Community Centers
- Please indicate your preference of location(s) in your application/cover letter
School Year Schedule:
- Early September 2016 through mid-June 2017
- Opportunities available to work Before School or After School only, or both
- Monday – Friday up to 25 hours per week, split shift
- Available shifts are typically 6:00-8:00am, 7:00-9:00am and/or 2:00-6:00pm – times subject to change based on location and program needs
- Summer Camp schedule (mid-June through early September) is Monday – Friday 30-40 hours per week
- Organize and lead programs and activities such as: arts and crafts, organized games, cultural activities, drama, music, story hour, sports, field trips, and other special projects and events
- Work with other staff to ensure the care and safety of participants at all times
- Must be willing to complete training for certification in First Aid/CPR, Food Handlers Permit, HIV/AIDS blood-borne pathogens education, and STARS training
- Eighteen years of age or older
- High School diploma/GED or transcripts of secondary education
- At least one year experience working with 5-12 year olds
- Experience with large groups of children is preferred
- Ability to commit to school year is strongly preferred
- Clear Tuberculosis results within the past year
- Current First Aid, CPR, and Food Handlers permit a plus
- Must pass criminal background check
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the US and valid government issued ID
- Must sign up for direct deposit with either checking or savings account or Payroll Paycard
There are several School-Age Child Care Counselor positions open throughout Seattle. Please visit our website to apply for this and other employment opportunities: www.arcseattle.org
Our substitute pool helps employees gain experience working in our programs and provide the foundation for becoming permanent placed employees. When permanent positions open, we first look to our substitute pool for qualified candidates.
Who May Apply:
This position is open to all candidates that meet the minimum qualifications. ARC is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer and values diverse perspectives and life experiences. Applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. ARC encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, veterans, and those with diverse life experiences.
Accommodations for people with disabilities are provided upon request. Please call (206) 615-0110 to request accommodations.
Position opened until filled. Applications are reviewed as soon as it is received.