The Associated Recreation Council is seeking dynamic and engaging Preschool Assistant Teachers for their various Community Centers throughtout Seattle.
The Preschool Program provides an enriching, fun, child-centered program for children aged three to five. Our goal is to nurture the emotional, social, physical, and academic growth of children by providing hands-on experiences in the classroom and outdoors.
Schedule for Loyal Heights:
- Monday – Thursday 9:00am-1:30pm
- Schedule/hours subject to change based on program needs, including during the summer months
- Support lesson plans and curriculum created by Preschool Teacher or Director
- Communicate effectively with parents of preschoolers
- Assist with set-up and takedown of activities, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the Preschool Director
- One to two years experience working with this age group in a preschool setting
- Previous experience developing hands-on programs and activities, which includes visual and creative arts
- Must pass criminal background check
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the US and valid government issued ID
- Must sign up for direct deposit with either checking or savings account or Payroll Paycard
This is a part-time, year round, and non-benefited position.
Who May Apply:
This position is open to all candidates that meet the minimum qualifications. ARC is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer and values diverse perspectives and life experiences. Applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. ARC encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, veterans, and those with diverse life experiences.
Accommodations for people with disabilities are provided upon request. Please call (206) 615-0110 to request accommodations.
Position opened until filled. Applications are reviewed as soon as it is received.