Are you looking for an outstanding organization with a career opportunity to change people’s lives? Do you want to make Seattle a healthier and more vital place to live by enhancing access to high-quality recreation and lifelong learning programs? Are you committed to the values of citizen engagement and participation, equitable access, diversity, community, and accountability? If so, this may be the position for you!
Associated Recreation Council (ARC) seeks a mission-driven, strategic, and relationship focused Development Director to join their leadership team. We have continued to expand our mission of building community through citizen engagement and participation in recreation and lifelong learning programs. Incorporated in 1975 as an independent nonprofit organization, ARC provides recreation, lifelong learning programs, and community leadership in partnership with Seattle Parks & Recreation. We are committed to strengthening the diverse and vibrant Seattle communities we serve, which is reflected in the way we reach, teach and inspire children, teens, families and adults.
ARC is committed to growth, with a vision to provide equitable, dynamic and responsive recreation and learning programs for every Seattle resident. The Development Director will bring their experience developing fundraising strategy, donor relationships, special events and grants to support a growing organization, while advancing our mission and vision.
This is a key leadership role, reporting to the Executive Director, participating as a member of the senior management team, and supervising one direct report. This role functions as strategist and implementer, working in partnership with the organization to create and drive development strategy in support of ARC’s mission and culture.
Key Position Responsibilities:
You will be successful if you feel passionate about:
- Growing organizational mission through expansion of donor base.
- Developing and maintaining donor relations. Building relationships with community stakeholders to advance the fundraising goals of the organization.
- Research, identify, and cultivate a portfolio of viable donors whose interests, marketing, and/or business needs are aligned with ARC and Seattle Parks and Recreation.
Your effectiveness in this role will depend on your ability to:
- Develop and implement a strategy to identify and secure corporate, foundation, individual and government partnerships.
- Design, develop, and implement the fund development plans in accordance with ethical fundraising principles
- Monitor and evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure that the fundraising goals are being achieved
- Monitor trends in the community or region and adapt fundraising strategies as necessary.
- Collaborate and consult with ARC staff, Advisory Council Members, and Seattle Parks and Recreation staff to provide fundraising support, counsel and assistance in fundraising initiatives.
- Oversee grant writing initiatives and ensure ARC meets all deadlines for corporate and foundation grant proposals and reports.
- Contribute to development of collateral material to promote the agency’s fundraising goals and activities, including social media and website and successfully market ARC to viable partners and donors.
You will feel prepared to take on this role if you have experience in:
- Developing policies and procedures for the development department
- Preparing reports on progress of fund development activities
- Fostering an understanding of philanthropy within an organization
- Building relationships with community stakeholders to advance the fundraising goals of an organization
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible development experience in a nonprofit or government organization.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in cultivating donor relationships, raising funds, securing and managing grants, and planning and managing special events.
- Demonstrate strong relationship building skills and ability to interact successfully with potential donors and community partners.
- Proven track record of fundraising success and established network within Puget Sound area.
This is a full-time, Monday through Friday year-round position. We offer a generous benefits package which includes: 100% employer paid medical, dental and vision; Paid Time Off, and more.
TO APPLY: Please apply with your cover letter and resume. If you don’t meet the above requirements but still think you’re the perfect candidate for this position – let us know why! Send your resume along with a message describing your interest in the position.
Who May Apply: This position is open to all candidates that meet the minimum qualifications. ARC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and values diverse perspectives and life experiences. Applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. ARC encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, veterans, and those with diverse life experiences.
Accommodations for people with disabilities are provided upon request. Please call (206) 615-0110 to request accommodations.
Position opened until filled. Applications are reviewed as soon as it is received.