Santa Bárbara Rape Crisis Center
Centro Contra La Violación Sexual
Community Education Coordinator
Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Benefits: Health Care Insurance, Vacation, Sick Leave, and Employee Retirement through Simple IRA
Supervisor: Executive Director
A. ADMINISTRATION OF PROGRAMS
- Set standards and provide leadership for the Community Education and Self-defense Programs. Responsible for the coordination of the Community Education and Self-defense Programs
- Conduct community education and sexual assault prevention programs and link other forms of oppression.
- Ensure the development and implementation of recruitment strategies for obtaining volunteers from diverse segments of the community.
- Enter data related to community education statistics. Review the accuracy of quarterly statistical reports regarding Community Education and Self-defense Programs.
- Maintain administrative files pertaining to the Community Education and Self-defense Programs.
D. MARKETING & RESOURCES:
- Ensure that information about SBRCC’s services is available to the public in a uniform manner in order to promote SBRCC logo and identified marks.
- Ensure the implementation of the Media Protocol.
- Maintain a current media list.
- Collect and maintain written, audio, visual information concerning sexual assault.
- Coordinate the design and implementation of all program-related written materials.
- Ensure timely updates and posting on SBRCC’s social media accounts.
E. STAFF SUPERVISION &VOLUNTEER MANAGEMENT:
- Prepare and facilitate the Speakers’ Bureau Trainings.
- Ensure appropriate supervision and trainings of Speakers’ Bureau Members on a regular basis.
- Update Speaker’s Bureau Training Manual on a yearly basis.
- Ensure appropriate supervision and training of Self-defense Instructor.
G. OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend training and research the subject of sexual assault as necessary to enhance skills and increase knowledge base.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with coalitions and community groups in order to ensure successful coalition building.
- BA required, preferably in education, marketing, sociology or related field.
- Bilingual Spanish/English REQUIRED.
- Excellent public speaking skills, including interface with media.
- Excellent public relations skills. Considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Completion of CI Training within 3 months of hire (SBRCC will provide this training). Working knowledge of and sensitivity to issues related to sexual violence.
- Knowledge of issues pertinent to marginalized communities. Experience in developing educational programs that address the needs of these communities.
- Experience in working effectively with staff, volunteers and/or community agencies of diverse political, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and coordinate the efforts of others in a positive manner.
- Strong skills in volunteer management, recruitment, training and retention.
- Well organized with excellent skills in time management & attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Working knowledge of statistics and statistical gathering methods.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft suite. Strong Internet research skills. Well versed in the use of social media.
- Reliable transportation
Resume deadline: Open until filled. Submit cover letter, resume and three references to:
E. Granados, Executive Director
433 E. Cañón Perdido St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101