| Job Description
Founded in 1976, the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation (CBCF) is a non-profit organization focused on eliminating disparities within the global black community by developing leaders, informing policy and educating the public. Our primary focus areas are Education, Public Health, Economic Empowerment, and the Environment. Applicants may visit the website at www.cbcfinc.org, to view more information on CBCF programs and initiatives.
Reporting to the Senior Development Manager and serving as an integral member of the Resource Development team, the Development Coordinator is responsible for the development and tracking of the institution’s donation and giving records and provide administrative support to the Resource Development team.
Primary duties include database management and maintenance of accurate donor records and gift history to facilitate donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities; planning and coordinating administrative functions of the department.
Must provide vital research, donor information and strategic support as a member of the Resource Development team to facilitate all fundraising initiatives, including corporate and foundation relations, annual giving, and special events.
Prepares detailed funding presentations/reports and provide sales, logistical, and creative support for special events, meetings, and program initiatives as needed. In addition, conducts prospect research and assist with donor correspondence as requested.
- A. Essential Functions:
- Serves as the primary staffer to develop, manage and maintain accurate database records and donor history reporting.
- Enters data into Raiser’s Edge database including actions, donations and information updates; track/review/generate reports and mailings from Raiser’s Edge.
- Provides sales, logistical and creative support for cultivation events, meetings, and programs.
- Identifies potential donors or sponsors based on database records, donor history, research and cold contacts.
- Works with Resource Development Team to monitor status of prospective donors.
- Communicates and share all pertinent funding updates with the team and in designated meetings.
- Prepares funding acknowledgements and track reimbursement requests as needed.
Researches and assembles materials for internal and external meetings.
- Maintains and updates electronic/hard copy reports/documents to ensure accurate information at all times.
- Provide administrative support, including screening phone calls, handling correspondence and responding independently.
- Organize and maintain filing system for the department.
- Process purchase authorization requests, invoices and expenses.
- Maintain and organize external stakeholder contacts and scheduling for Vice President.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Operations and Special Event Support
- Database management to include creating and tracking spreadsheets, data collection and research, interdepartmental and external donor services requests such as answering gift inquiries and assisting with gift-related issues and preparation of reports and other documents as requested.
- Assist with onsite event management and stakeholder services including registration, advertising and signage verification.
- Assist with administrative tasks associated with quarterly Corporate Advisory Council meetings including assisting with meeting arrangements and preparing agendas, notices, background material, and confidential correspondence, reports and other complex documents including CAC minutes, tracking reports, etc.
- Knowledge: Bachelor’s degree or some college preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience at a corporation, congressional office, foundation, or nonprofit organization. Demonstrated interest in CBCF’s vision and mission. Experience in database management and administrative support for a corporation, foundation, NGO and/or charitable organization.
- Skills and Abilities: Exceptional written and oral communication skills, excellent time management, planning and organizational skills, and attention to detail. Creative problem solver and results oriented; exceptional organizational skills and work independently or as part of a team. Solid interpersonal skills using tact, patience and due diligence with the ability to build and maintain relationships with Resource Development team, members of CBCF management team and external stakeholders. Telephone techniques and courtesy are essential.
- Computer and Technical Proficiencies: Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or donor tracking/fundraising software preferred. Highly proficient skills in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint) and overall aptitude for technology are required. Proficiency with telecommunications devices such as Blackberry, Iphone, and Androids preferred. Familiarity with basic accounting ideal, though not required.
- Physical Requirements: Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines, ability to work long hours and weekends as needed. Must work well under pressure and be able to manage simultaneous priorities. Consistent attendance is a job requirement. Work levels to fluctuate with mailings, fundraising events and or quarterly Board and Corporate Advisory Council meetings. The Development Coordinator may carry light items such as: reports, exhibit materials, data products, and notebooks.
CBCF is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, 403(b), paid vacation and sick time. Qualified applicants only must forward a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and three professional references using CBCF’s online employment portal. Position is open until filled. No phone calls accepted.