Directly responsible to the Regional Director for the development, direction and coordination of supports for the people served. Supervises Program Managers, and others (e.g., QMRP/Case Managers, Registered Nurses) to ensure completion of job duties. Prepares departmental budgets and ensures budgetary compliance. Authorizes invoices for payment. Oversees the development and implementation of the Individual Service Plan system and ensures compliance with local, state, and federal regulations. Responsible for managing all business and programmatic matters of assigned services/supports in accordance with regulatory requirements, accreditation standards and within budgetary guidelines. Actively supports people to choose and achieve the highest quality of life. Duties include overseeing all personnel management, financial management, and community and public relations. Provides training to staff on an ongoing basis and as needed. Develops and cultivates positive relationships with constituent families and other stakeholders. Supports the organization's Mission, Vision, and Core Values, ensuring that individuals are assisted in practicing their faith and treated with the utmost respect.
- Oversees the programmatic services of the agency by ensuring that each individual's needs are being met and that quality services and programs are provided. Completes analysis of delivery of services; implements plans for improvement and/or correction.
- Coordinates all admissions, transfers, and discharges according to established protocols.
- Ensures that Basic Assurances are met and that quality standards are based on Personal Outcomes Measures and other indicators; ensures implementation of quality enhancement plan, business plan, and strategic plan; follows up on all abuse/neglect and other incidents to ensure individual safety and well being; ensures all regulations are met in regards to reportable incidents.
- Recommends policies and procedures based on changing or emerging regulatory requirements.
- Manage personnel by interviewing, hiring, evaluating, supervising, and helping to develop the most qualified individuals; mentor, guide and coach direct reports in order to expand their capabilities and build management depth in the area. Maintains master schedule to ensure effective and efficient utilization of staff.
- Represents the organization and its mission by educating community members about the critical importance of integrating individuals supported into community life. Engages in advocacy with local and state governmental entities and agencies, promotes self-advocacy, and works through government officials to influence public policy.
- Develops and manages program budgets by monitoring and approving expenditures while staying within set budgetary parameters. Reviews funding contracts in collaboration with the regional business manager to ensure compliance with the contract review process.
- Knowledgeable of current state license and certification rules and regulations, agency policies, and accreditation requirements; ensures compliance with such. Acts as the liaison with state regulatory agencies.
- All other duties as assigned
Direct supervision of program managers, trainers, and other personnel assigned to work under the immediate direction of the area director.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelors degree; and three years in a related field which includes supervisory experience and/or personnel management.
Certificates, Licenses or Registrations
Must have valid driver's license and clear driving record; must have cleared and approved criminal record check; must have legal status in the U.S.; must hold First Aid/CPR certification; Nursing Home Administrators license may be required.
Must have ability to travel throughout the designated area.
Other Competencies (skills, abilities, behavior)
Able to work independently in a manner which supports the organization's Christian philosophy. Knowledge of basic supervisory and management principles. Must be able to read, write, and comprehend English effectively; must have a philosophy that is consonant with the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of the organization; ability to maintain confidentiality; must be a positive team player and maintain a positive attitude; skills in planning, organizing, problem solving, and conflict resolution; must demonstrate emotional stability and reason abstractly.
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network