POSITION SUMMARY: As part of the Community Crisis Connection, provide medical and psychiatric nursing services to consumers at the Walk-in Center. Work collaboratively with the triage team. Provide medical screening to determine need for immediate medical services. Identify potential physical problems impacting the persons entering the Walk-in Center. Obtain, record, and communicate important clinical information regarding persons and provide clinical services within the Walk-in Center.
$2.00 AON Lic. Differential
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Complete medical assessment (including vital signs) for all persons seeking treatment at the Walk-in Center. Assist in determining the level of care necessary for each person seeking treatment.
2. Triage basic medical conditions.
3. Gather information regarding person’s current medications and/or side effects and/or any co-morbid medical conditions that may affect behavioral health issues.
4. Provide medication education to person.
5. Work collaboratively and communicate with the entire WIC staff regarding each person’s health status.
6. Work jointly with WIC staff in coordinating the follow –up care plan and disposition planning.
7. Participate in team/organization meetings, trainings, and supervisory sessions as required.
8. Maintain accurate and timely clinical records consistent with MHCD and CCC standards.
9. Provide limited case management services as needed including coordinating services within the community and behavioral health organizations.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
Licensed as a Registered Nurse (AARN) or BSN in the State of Colorado.License should be in good standing.
Minimum two years nursing experience working in a clinic and psychiatric setting strongly preferred.
Knowledge of methods of psychotherapy and community resources. Ability to assess crisis situations and intervene appropriately. Familiarity with the DSM IV/V and diagnostic techniques. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Bilingual helpful but not required. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment. Simple medical equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, the telephone and other office and/or clinical equipment.
3 day - 12 hour shifts (7AM to 7:30PM or 7PM to 7:30AM).
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network